The place for anything at all...
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Meditation

Post by Morkulv »

... And I don't mean funking yoga or something. :P Just regular simple meditation.

I tried it out a couple of weeks ago and I must say I really enjoyed it. It was kinda weird though because the ambient-music playlist I made (calming music stimulates the meditation) was just at the last thing when I 'woke up'. Weird...

I can recommend it to any therian or other were-type and otherkin though, since it could help you with your search to your 'inner wolf' (without sounding too much like funking boeddha here or something :P).

Anyways, I just wanted to share this. :D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

I used to have professional meditation classes during my first year of college. Sort of an extra after-school thing. It was more about playing games with the mind than relaxation though. I forced myself to feel like I had two extra arms and a even a tail (phantom limbs), and even opened up the part of the mind that makes you think you're hearing voices like in sitzophrenia (sp?). Of course the instructor kept telling us none of it is real so we wouldn't get freaked out. I thought it was cool... but I won't do it again. Heh.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Yeah I had that as well on school. But it wasn't really relaxing... There were a couple of kids who fell asleep during that class, or bursting out in tears all the sudden. Heh.

I found out that personal meditation works out a lot better.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Kalira
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kalira »

I just started to try this myself actually. Sabre and I were talking about it. I will have to try it with some music. I have just been doing the silence thing.
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by *nagowteena* »

:o wow, I've never had the chance to try and meditate.

but I'm definitly going to try in a little bit. maybe I'll be able to figure out a lot more about myself, since I always feel like there is something els about myself, I just can't figure out what it is.

I'll tell you what happens, if anything does happen.
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Please do! :D
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Hmmm, I don't have any music, but I'll try it..in fact...I'm going to go try it now. Hope it works :)
ArcaneWerewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ArcaneWerewolf »

Maybe I'll give it a try sometime. I've got some relaxing music, but I don't think I have a half-hour's worth. Oh well. Looping the same track probably won't work any differently.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

If you want any good meditation-music, just send me a PM and I'll add you on MSN to send you some.
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

ok I did it...and...it made me dizzy. So many things went through my mind and I felt a mixture of emotions. It was interesting but I do make one suggestion...don't meditate on an empty stomach :sweatdrop:
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Hahaha, yeah thats one good advice. And you might also want to go to the toilet before meditating. :wink: Trust me, I know.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Nice. I try to do this when I can..it's hard cause I just can't ever find a peaceful enough spot or place, but when i can it's very peaceful. Like Kalira said an I have to agree music is a good idea. Some nice soft relaxing music..A CD I just picked up called World Flutes is particualarly nice an soothing to me..I would Suggest Coyote Oldman. The music has brought me much comfort in the past an even now :jester:
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

let your mind drift away with your thoughts.
That sounds like what my mind does when I am a passenger in any type of vehicle with little to do.
captdecoy
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by captdecoy »

Meditation is often about getting the brain in the right brainwave frequency. A musical aid is called a brainwave synchronizer. Basically, it shifts the sound from left to right in a certain pattern, and the brain slowly matches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainwave_synchronization

I've created some mp3's that are a real head trip if someone wants them.
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by *nagowteena* »

captdecoy wrote:Meditation is often about getting the brain in the right brainwave frequency. A musical aid is called a brainwave synchronizer. Basically, it shifts the sound from left to right in a certain pattern, and the brain slowly matches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainwave_synchronization

I've created some mp3's that are a real head trip if someone wants them.
:o oooh, really? I would be willing to try! :D :P
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Xiroteus wrote:
let your mind drift away with your thoughts.
That sounds like what my mind does when I am a passenger in any type of vehicle with little to do.
Whatever. You can think about anything you like, and your meditation will be focussed on it. So just think about anything. Feelings, your life, your whatever.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Kaebora wrote:I used to have professional meditation classes during my first year of college. Sort of an extra after-school thing. It was more about playing games with the mind than relaxation though. I forced myself to feel like I had two extra arms and a even a tail (phantom limbs), and even opened up the part of the mind that makes you think you're hearing voices like in sitzophrenia (sp?). Of course the instructor kept telling us none of it is real so we wouldn't get freaked out. I thought it was cool... but I won't do it again. Heh.
Oooh, I'd really like to learn that. Sounds very interesting.
XIV
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Whatever. You can think about anything you like, and your meditation will be focussed on it. So just think about anything. Feelings, your life, your whatever.
No criticism or mocking on meditation on my part. (Just in case it came out that way.)

My mind tends to wonder when there is little to do and I can become deep in thought without trying to meditate.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I wasn't trying to reply offended to you. I was trying to explain that you can basically meditate about anything.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

That is what I thought, just wanted to make sure, thus the reason said statement was made.
Last edited by Xiroteus on Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
captdecoy
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by captdecoy »

Here's those brainwave Mp3's. The trick is to listen to them closely without any distractions and use headphones.

http://www2.bigupload.com/download_fram ... MBTHFMULWR

Since I already uploaded it for a friend, here's a bonus download of my collection of the best werewolf backgrounds I've found over the years, including some ancient Goldenwolf art that you can't find any more.

http://www.bigupload.com/d=J7PAOI8MPY
Last edited by captdecoy on Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

i always do meditation...its very southing and calming and it also helps you get your mind in focus
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

When I did it....my mind went into what happened in a book...two parts which were sad...oh man that sucked. :(
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I had a chat with my 'inner wolf' yesterday (therians know what I'm talking about). :D

Damn, he's a asshole. :lol: