Can a werewolf be... cute?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Can a werewolf be... cute?

Post by Dreamer »

I mean cute as in like a puppy. I mean, most of our werewolves don't have their first shift until their teens or adulthood, so would it be possible?
XIV
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I suppose so, depepnding on your definition of "cute".

Cuteness is dependant on one's point of view, though...cute to you might be "Arrrrghh" to someone else.

Try, as a sample; Peter is the wolf, Archive, May 26 this year: Sarah's concept of herself as "Naga" the white serpent.

Cute depends on so many things...
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
garouda
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Do You Believe In Magic ?

Post by garouda »

To paraphrase Red Eye, with whom I agree:

Cute is in the eye of the beholder.
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

There was a discussion about cuteness in general not too long ago at Furtopia.

Furtopia: Your Definition of Cute

Two things based on this that I would argue:

1) Though not naturally cute, a werewolf could potentially do some very cute things.

2) There will always be someone out there that will think they are cute.
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

Awwwwwww, wook at dat fuzzy widdle cuddly werewo... *CHOMP* AAAAAAAAH!!! MY ARM!!!

:lol:
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

Now that THAT is out of my system, I have been volunteering with wolves and watching wolf documentaries for a few months now, and you can count on them to do something extremely goofy and cute at least once every time you see them. We can extrapolate to werewolves, I am sure :P
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

I think alot of things are cute that others think are scary. werewolves I can see as being cute, just like any dog type creature.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I don't see werewolves as furry's, so no, I don't think they should be very petable.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Hell yes they can be cute! CUTE SELLS! Especially when they're both cute, AND deadly! Case in point, Amanda and Nicole, the twin werewolf pups from Camp Lycanthrope. Tell me these two aren't kyooooote!
garouda
Legendary
Legendary

Post by garouda »

MattSullivan wrote:Hell yes they can be cute! CUTE SELLS! Especially when they're both cute, AND deadly! Case in point, Amanda and Nicole, the twin werewolf pups from Camp Lycanthrope. Tell me these two aren't kyooooote!
Well if you insist, I can lie: "They are not cute"
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I fear I must challenge Matt Sullivan on a technicality: These are not Werewolves-they're Werewolf pups/children/kids.
Children of any sort are dependably cute at least 80% of the time: it's a survival adaptation, compensating for the twenty percent of the time when they are bloody little monsters (I'm talking Human kids here...)
Yes, the presented Werewolf kids/pups/children are cute...but they are not adults.

Now I did use my Painter and Photoshop to try making some "cute" adult werewolves, and it can be done...(I borrowed some of the resident artists work to do it, so I deleted it afterwards as is appropriate).(Goldenwolf & Z & Jokerwolf)
Perhaps one of our artists could do a "Cute" Werewolf as an originial; in a believable setting: It would prove that it can be done correctly.

Still: "Cuteness" is not only in the eye of the beholder, it's also extremely situational.
:love: :grannywolf: :femshft
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

they would be cute if they didn't have so many teeth.
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
garouda
Legendary
Legendary

Post by garouda »

geekboy1500 wrote:they would be cute if they didn't have so many teeth.
But

Some might find them cute BECAUSE they have so many teeth.........
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Exactly! Mouth full o teeth = cute!

And I will challenge ANYONE who says I can't draw an adult werewolf that's cute.
garouda
Legendary
Legendary

Post by garouda »

There is an artist I know, who goes by the name of Miss Monster.

Her specialty, and she is popular, is illustrating Monsters.

Folks love her monsters, with all their huge teeth and claws and bulky hulking musculature.

Why ?

Cause they are cute and lovable.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

*nods* I wouldn't say they are cute by default, but I can definitely picture them doing some very cute things.

That's how I think it would be for werewolves no matter how they looked. A werewolf by default would not be cute, but a werewolf petting a kitten or making silly faces at a baby would be very cute. Kind of like the difference between a lion taking down a wildebeest and snuggling with a handler, or the difference between the killer whales you saw in Happy Feet and the killer whales you see at Shamu Stadium. The exact same animal can just as soon make you go "aww" as crap your pants, all depending on what they are doing at the time.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Terastas wrote:
*nods* I wouldn't say they are cute by default, but I can definitely picture them doing some very cute things.

That's how I think it would be for werewolves no matter how they looked. A werewolf by default would not be cute, but a werewolf petting a kitten or making silly faces at a baby would be very cute. Kind of like the difference between a lion taking down a wildebeest and snuggling with a handler, or the difference between the killer whales you saw in Happy Feet and the killer whales you see at Shamu Stadium. The exact same animal can just as soon make you go "aww" as crap your pants, all depending on what they are doing at the time.
Well my werecat character would be kinda like that. Sometimes she might bat at a piece of string or curl up and nap like a little kitten. It fits with her not-too-serious nature.
XIV
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

RedEye wrote:Children of any sort are dependably cute at least 80% of the time: it's a survival adaptation, compensating for the twenty percent of the time when they are bloody little monsters (I'm talking Human kids here...)
Quite the contrary, I don't find most human kids cute... Quite the contrary, I find them unpleasant-looking. Yes, even babies. Yes, I'm a horrible monster.

As for Matt's picture... Well, the one on the left comes very close. The one on the right scares me a bit. By the way, I haven't read the script in a while, and I never got to see this picture before. Which is the one that kicks Pablo's a**?

As for my view on the subject as a whole, werewolves can look a variety of different ways, and act a variety of different ways, so not sure. Regular wolves are cute by default, though.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Fangs don't scare me at all. FILTHY fangs do.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Dreamer wrote:Well my werecat character would be kinda like that. Sometimes she might bat at a piece of string or curl up and nap like a little kitten. It fits with her not-too-serious nature.
*nods* I don't like to cram any of my characters into just one mold, so I try to put them in a few "disarming" situations that compromise their original demeanor. Especially when it's a perceived "badass," I try to put them into a situation that makes them a little more insecure and vulnerable.

Like if Figarou was a fictional character of mine, he'd eventually wind up faced with a rubber duck with a "wet paint" sign on it. :lol: "Must. . . Resist. . . Urge to chuck. . .!"
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

That would be the one on the right...Amanda. She's the more tomboy-ish one. ( though they're both constantly fighting, it's what werewolves in my universe do. They use violence to solve everything
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

MattSullivan Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:36 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would be the one on the right...Amanda. She's the more tomboy-ish one. ( though they're both constantly fighting, it's what werewolves in my universe do. They use violence to solve everything
Don't most people?
Anyway, yeah, werewolves can be cute.
(Just don't call them that to their faces. Unless, of course, you're dating one of them. :D )
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Terastas wrote
Like if Figarou was a fictional character of mine, he'd eventually wind up faced with a rubber duck with a "wet paint" sign on it. "Must. . . Resist. . . Urge to chuck. . .!"
:roflmao: :roflmao:
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Yes, but wolves fight to assure dominance. Same goes for my werewolves, though in this case, it's less about dominance and more about slapstick for the sake of humor.
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

MattSullivan wrote:Exactly! Mouth full o teeth = cute!

And I will challenge ANYONE who says I can't draw an adult werewolf that's cute.
Okay, Matt. Since nobody's said it yet, let's see that.
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com