Werewolves in Your Life

The place for anything at all...
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Werewolves in Your Life

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I assume this has been done. If so, I haven't seen it, I was gone for a good few months.

-----------------------------

Okay. Basically, how does your love of werewolves affect your life? Are you a dangerous fanatic, (No need for explanation), are you a wannabe werewolf (A liar on messageboards...no barb intended to those of you who really do believe you are such...I just don't believe you without proof :P), someone who'd want to be one (The innocent wishing game...there was a topic on that recently), someone who collects figurines, watches movies, loves Halloween, has a therian side (Id argue thats not a werewolf, but some of you might consider it as one...we all have our own language interpretations so feel free to post :) )...etc. You get my drift.

Do you dress accordingly to it, wear pendants, have a big ole' internet screen saver, posters, candle sticks, do you scare your neighbours by howling at night? (Can't say I haven't wanted to when drunk...cough)

Are you known to get into character on halloween a bit too much? Are you 'evil'? (I hope no one here is that kind). Do you chomp out of your dog a lot? (I hope you're not that one either).

Or are you just a good ole' werewolf fan waiting for Freeborn. :D
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I gotta say I love 'em, but don't fit into any utter fanatic categories, just a geek.

Well, I am not a scary fanatic. I guess I'm the sort that will go buy that Ozzy Osbourne werewolf figurine (Despite his lack of tail, he's still awesome), those werewolf comics and movies and books, if they look good. I'm a tail fan, and a Goldenwolf fan, although I also love horror a lot. I like dressing as one on Halloween/parties, going to Astronomy at college/Uni on a full moon and bringing my mask as a joke, and maybe write a few songs, draw them, write about them, talk about them online...

But otherwise I guess they're not my biggest interest (Music is of course), just one of my favourite mythical creatures. I would love to be able to shape shift into a wolf or a Gestalt form, but not by a curse or the full moon. By will. I'd also like to be a bird though, or a cat. I am facinated by shape shifting of any kind and like to see or read or describe or draw it, natural metamorphasis or mythical.

I like being known as the werewolf fan around here though. But I'm a very eclectic person (People tend to see me as a music freak, but they shouldn't judge me so quick anyway, Im a gentle person), and have an air of 80's bogan guitarist (not mullets, just leather jacket and jeans and black music shirts and guitar) hanging around me. I do however have a tiny wolf pendant I've had for years! Wolves aren't my favourite animal though...I gotta say I'd prefer a monkey tail to a wolf tail any day.

I hate the dog stereotype people chuck on wolves and weres too. I mentioned somewhere else that my friends know I watch old wolf horror movies and they pet my head? I dislike it!! :x
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

The way werewolves/wolves affect my life...............

...............I do admit that i howell at the moon. I stay out very late during a full moon. Ive been known to growell at people from time to time.
I eat extremely rare to raw meat on a regular basis.Instead of calling people by there name i just call them human.

............... I feel that i share my mind body and soul with one(therian).
I love watching werewolf movies. I loved dressing as one during halloween.I do have several screensavers that i go through that are wolf/werewolf related.I cant say that im evil but im certainly not nice to most humans.

............I too would love to shift into one whenever possible....

Thats just me i guess.............. :D :howl:  :oo
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

I'm a dreamer, but i dream in my spare time. So no harm done on me.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I like all were-creatures. I'll sit down and watch any ww movie that I come across(no matter how terrible it may be), and I've been an active member here for I guess a couple years now. I have a couple wolf shirts, and I wear mywolf fur bracelet and Pack pendant everywhere. But I'm more obsessed with my theriotype. I collect all things jaguarundi! I even have a collector's plate with a 'rundi on it even though I think collector plates are dumb. But I couldn't care less about the artist, it just has a 'rundi on it. I also wear my jaguarundi charm bracelet and pendant everywhere. Since I am a mental therian, shifters of all kinds are important to me, and most of my online friends are wolves.
I guess that makes me a really big werewolf fan, but a completely obsessed were-jaguarundi fan! :lol:
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

:lol: We are all obsessed here, at some point, Pariah, I think!

And I love to dream...I'm unsure why so many people believe it is a bad thing...to dream is also to hope, for many things in life. I understand it can be dangerous to completely live in a fantasy world, but I can also understand why people fall into it.

White paw: I've also growled at people. It is a habit from childhood games too that I kept into adult hood. I do it a lot. I'm not sure if it's to do with the whole therian thing...which I sort of don't look into anymore, .. or habit from "Kinda wish I WAS powerful enough like a werewolf to do this" because I guess I'm no alpha female, among my groups of friends/workmates etc. Usually I accept being the omega or the drifter, but at times growling makes me feel sort of a little less that way. Stupid I know. I wish I was powerful enough to walk around at night without worrying about being raped/attacked.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Hehe, I snarl at people. Like this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRMbKvIgW1g :lol:

Funny thing is I've been doing that long before I knew 'rundis even could snarl and hiss. All I'd ever read was that they chirp and squeak. :D
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Its just plain enjoyable to act like one................ bring a little bit of life and fantacy to my otherwise dull life....... :D :howl:  :oo

its what sets me apart from all the humans out there.......
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

Um... my life is pretty much unaffected, except that I'm more likely to risk seeing a crappy horror movie if it has werewolves in it. I do growl at times, but it's nothing to do with werewolves, just me.
"Don't mind the blood here; welcome to the slaughterhouse!"
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Outside of my activities on the computer (message boards, art sites, computer games, etc) my art and my writing, I don't really see my life effected by my fandom.

...or perhaps I should say...I don't let anyone ELSE see...

For a short period after discovering this place, I howled at the full Moons for a while (Only when alone in the car, when no-one could hear me) , but found that I felt more stupid than satisfied for doing so, and therfore I stopped.

I do not own one single item of dirrectly Werewolf related stuff. I have a plush wolf, and a wolf photo-poster, but that is about it.

(I did buy a rubber duck in response to the gag status it has earned around here, but I don't think that counts as it is niether a wolf nor any other kind of Were-creature.)

For me, I don't have so much of a love for werewolves specifically, as a love for Human-Animal Transformations, and the WEREWOLF just happens to be the most Iconic representation of this supernatural occurance, and is a facinating character to me as well.

I am actually NOT a Werewolf Fanatic... merely a casual fan really.

...what I am a Raving, Lunatic, Fanatic of is the action and reprocussions of Metamorphosis from mundane Humanity into something fantastic...as well as dramatic, and entertaining stories told well.

Basicly, my favorite Cliche' Quote/Scene/Feeling/Situation/Moment is...

"...Oh my God...What's happening to Me?!..."
-Someone who has just begun to transform into something Cool/Fun and distinctly Not Human.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Im in the same boat as Vuldari.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I gotta agree...one of the most amazing things is seeing a well done transformation. As I said before, the wolf isn't my favourite animal. (I'm actually an extreme bird fanatic, I bird watch a lot, we have amazing bird life here and their behaviour...wow it's like watching a drama!)

I have to say...describing a transformation or seeing one...it's amazing. And it does have so many quirky jokes to it, I love online comics.

As for werewolf figurines, we don't have that sort of stuff here. There's no market for it.

One thing I can't understand is people's craving for raw meat due to fandom...or for blood. I'm not attacking anyone here who does...it's just...I'm a very strict vegetarian!! :lol:

Pariah..I feel so sorry for that Jaguarundi!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Well, i just like werewovles and drawing them. Once I egt my pack neclace I'll be wearing it everywhere, but I can't say I alter my behavior other than that.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Werewolves in Your Life

Post by Figarou »

I'm just a plain old fashion werewolf fan. I like the characters. But I don't let it run my life.

I'm not a therian. Not a furry. (I could be mistaken for one. But I can clearly say I'm not a furry.) I don't dress up as a werewolf. I don't go outside and howl. I don't roleplay.

The only thing I like to do is look at clean werewolf art and collect a few werewolf statues. (I can't collect any more since I ran out of places to put them.)

other than that, I'm just a werewolf fan waiting for Freeborn, and other werewolf films to come out.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

I have all kinds of Werewolfy, or if not werewolfy, then wolfy stuff. Werewolves are a big favorite of mine and due have a influence on certain things. Namely because I like transformations stuff and the wolf is my favorite animal. So thing that turns into wolf therefore = awesome. :lol:

I've howeled at the moon. But. For one, I am extremely quiet. I have trouble yelling. Seriously. Five bucks says I'll probably end up dying 'cause I couldn't yell for help loud enough. :P So, naturally, my howls suck. So I tend not to do them. :lol:

I've been a werewolf for halloween once. was cool. Too forever to get into costume (spirit-glued on muzzle, some stuff to make my skintone and the muzzle match so it looked real, etc.) and that was fun, heheh. Uncomfortable at times (Muzzle + heat = lots of nasty condesation in muzzle. Yuck.)

My like of werewolves tend to spill into other things. Like, in a game if offered the chance, I'll generally be a werewolf. And if I can customize my character, they'll generally pic up some wolfish traits if I can get 'em too (My oblivion character has wolf-eyes for example) and when I write it sometimes will involve werewolves, depending on what I'm writing about.

Stuff like that. Its' not a massive factor in my life. But it has its' place.
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

One thing I can't understand is people's craving for raw meat due to fandom...or for blood.
Raw meat is good, so long as it's just been killed. Packaged stuff... no idea why anyone would eat that raw. Blood tastes coppery, not really lovely as a drink, but I'd try it with vodka for the hell of it.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Night Rain wrote:
One thing I can't understand is people's craving for raw meat due to fandom...or for blood.
Raw meat is good, so long as it's just been killed. Packaged stuff... no idea why anyone would eat that raw. Blood tastes coppery, not really lovely as a drink, but I'd try it with vodka for the hell of it.
eating meat raw ........... you experience the full effects of its flavor, and the texture.......in my opinion raw meat just melts in my mouth...
cooking it just ruins the flavor and texture of the meat, and i think the blood just adds to the flavor..... :D lck
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

*shrugs* Im fine with cooked meat. I dont think a werewolf would shun it. Your dog LOVES cooked food. I personally think cooking food was a brilliant idea on mans part and I think werewolves would like some spiced and cooked dishes just fine. :P
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

White Paw wrote:
Night Rain wrote:
eating meat raw ........... you experience the full effects of its flavor, and the texture.......in my opinion raw meat just melts in my mouth...
cooking it just ruins the flavor and texture of the meat, and i think the blood just adds to the flavor..... :D lck
Packaged meat raw doesn't taste like much, and I wouldn't risk eating something raw that had been dead that long, cold or not. If you go shoot something, cut it open and eat it there and then, it's alright.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Night Rain wrote:
White Paw wrote:
Night Rain wrote:
Packaged meat raw doesn't taste like much, and I wouldn't risk eating something raw that had been dead that long, cold or not. If you go shoot something, cut it open and eat it there and then, it's alright.
very true...... now im not speaking for others..... but i always make sure to buy the freshest cuts and the most highest quality cuts of meat as possible.... now pork i very rarely trust raw.. infact i wouldnt eat it less than rare.... that goes the same for chicken..... as far as fish goes... thats another story because i love sushi.... lck
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Well I will be the first to say I am completely obsessed with them. I have loved werewolves since I was 5 years old. I started drawing them at ten years old and have been drawing them ever since.

I love the mant different concept ideas although some still confuse me. Like the classic WolfMan. Now he has a werewolf has a snout an looks more lupine and some even have tails while many still don't.

I still don't understand why people wouldn't give it a tail in the first place..Anyways werewolves are a big thing with me. I can't go through oneday without talking about them to someone. My family isn't into at all..Well my sister seemed like she was, but she hasn't came back to the forum :P I watch something everyday or do something everyday that has to do with werewolves or wolves.

I have many werewolf movies which I watch everyday or I draw werewolves which that is a definatly everyday thing! I watch my Wolves DVD everyday fer sure. I look up werewolf stuff online all the time. Not a day goes by without it.

You Tube helps out too because I find werewolf stuff on there too! Yes I am overly obessed and I don't care who knows that!! :eviljester2:
FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Fiery Foxish TFmage Extraordinaire
Location: Finland. Most probably lurking behing that rock. *points*

Post by FoxOfWar »

Btw, If you're wondering about FoxOfWar, think about Real-Time Strategy Games and certain aspect profilic in all of them... lurking about in the shadows, kind of like me...
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

The only thing I like to do is look at clean werewolf art
Yeah I gotta agree...theres too much porn art. I don't like it.

With the raw meat thing...I know a werewolf wouldn't shun it, but I can't stand the sight of meat, cooked or raw. If I was a werewolf and if werewolves had to crave meat, I'd suffer pretty bad I guess unless I hunted the animal naturally in wolf form, out of necessity.

Bah anyways I better flee, gotta get father's day gifts and..

GET THE CHANCE TO MEET ZAKK WYLDE \m/

:headbanger:
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf of Quinault

Post by Cavman »

Werewolves in my life...........
Aside from this forum, my writings, and the occsional bordom sesion, they are not very pervilant in my day to day life. I'm at the very crucial "highschool years", So, unfortunatly, I try and fit in better. Most of my friends know I like 'em, but I'm not some fanatic or therian (no offence).I'mjusta normal-ishguy thatlikes werewolves a little more than some one should. :lol:

BTW; 100th post!... Jeez, took me long enough.