Lamest excuses given by pretend werewolves on the forums...

The place for anything at all...
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

Renorei wrote:I absolutely cannot stand when a person comes to the forums pretending to be a werewolf, and tries to force their opinions on us as fact...that's a massive insult to all of us, and it's damned inconsiderate.
Yoo can get into those types of arguments outside the great and far reaching Net, too. Not many years ago I was doodling werewolves in a sorta relaxed family-type setting, and someone looked over my shoulder and said: "Why can't you draw real werewolves, like the ones that eat people and stuff?"

"Lord, what fools these mortals be." -Shakespeare, Midsummernight's Dream
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Fang wrote:They can claim t be a werewolf, It's just when the think they know what's right and disregard some good speculation on what a werewolf might be, because they're a "werewolf" and start getting into arguements, then they're banned, after a few friendly warnings of course.
This is indeed the main problem. We can't lend more weight to someone's speculations just because they claim to have a direct line to the "real truth." Even if werewolves existed, there would be no reason why people couldn't claim to be werewolves and try to force conversations to only revolve around their ideas of what a werewolf is. Therefore, claims like that are out of place because this forum concentrates on speculation, not "truth." Even if there were a proven truth out there, it wouldn't mean that our ideal werewolves would be required to adhere to that truth.

The secondary reason (although I think this is the prime reason for some of us) why such claims are discouraged is simply because they are disruptive. Either they annoy (in the case of people who don't believe in werewolves at all) or they tend to induce arguments (in the case of people who think that there is some possibility that real werewolves exist).

Furthermore, if there were real werewolves, what could this forum offer them? Our admiration and curiosity, I suppose, but those would only be dealt out if the werewolves were real AND they could prove it. And then, we'd just be a bunch of gawking strangers with an appetite for more and more videotaped transformations. A real werewolf could find gawkers anywhere. It's not like we'd have any information or help to offer them. They'd already be in possession of more information about real werewolves than all of us put together. So, even in the case of hypothetical real werewolves who could prove it, the only reason they would come here and make such claims would be as attention whores. So, this puts the hypothetical real werewolves who can prove it right back in the same boat with the posers - as attention whores.

By the way, the "can't photograph mythical creatures" claim is a very common excuse in the world of monster sightings, not just used for werewolf claimants. It's been applied frequently to sea serpents, giant lizards, Bigfoots, ghostly demon-dogs and nearly everything else you can imagine, and this excuse has been applied since at least the 1950s. To skeptics, it only adds more evidence to the idea that all such things are fake, especially since this excuse comes in several different flavors (always blurry, double-exposed, camera broken, camera battery drained, electric circuits fried, camera dropped, pictures fine but mysteriously lost afterwards, mysterious people steal photographs, etc.) and you'd think, if it was true, that it would always occur the same way. To believers, it tends to lead them deeper and deeper into the la-la land of weird conspiracy theories, where anything ranging from demons to reptoids secretly control the world and conspire to prevent evidence of the supernatural from surfacing.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

-Jamie Hall
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

alphanubilus wrote:
shsu_bound_girl125 wrote::o I'm playing stupid and blonde right now, but is that THE ABrownigg that's making the movie???? Wow!! I didn't think I would get to talk to a director. This is awesome. I think I'll like it here. :D
Okay... enough of the blonde jokes here! I am natural and I am proud of it! hehe... er uh... damn! :lol:

Well you know, what has always annoyed me about Tr00 W3r3's, other than their inability to spell and use any form of grammar, is that they are oblivious of any real werewolf lore. Everything they believe comes straight from the local cinema. I remember Brad Steiger, writer of the Werewolf Book: Encyclopedia of Shapeshifting Beings, and a good friend of mine, getting all sorts of panicky e-mails from Tr00 W3r3s afraid they are being hunted by vampires due to the box office success of Underworld. Lame... Brad and I had a huge laugh abou that...
Have you seen some of the recent stories by werewolf claimants in Linda Godfrey's book "Hunting the American Werewolf"? Lame, lame lame. The werewolf sightings she collects from supposed witnesses are actually pretty interesting reading, but the stories from people who claim to be werewolves all sound like a bad writer's mishmash of all the lamest ideas from werewolf fiction. Werewolf legends haven't changed hugely in the last few hundred years, but boy, have the stories from werewolf claimants changed! I often felt like I was reading the rough drafts of werewolf short stories written by 12-year-olds.
-Jamie Hall
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Merrypaws wrote:
Renorei wrote:I absolutely cannot stand when a person comes to the forums pretending to be a werewolf, and tries to force their opinions on us as fact...that's a massive insult to all of us, and it's damned inconsiderate.
Yoo can get into those types of arguments outside the great and far reaching Net, too. Not many years ago I was doodling werewolves in a sorta relaxed family-type setting, and someone looked over my shoulder and said: "Why can't you draw real werewolves, like the ones that eat people and stuff?"

"Lord, what fools these mortals be." -Shakespeare, Midsummernight's Dream
Nothing wrong with people-eating werewolves, as long as they look descent. :P
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

I'm reading this entire thread and I'm mentally flashing on this image of a pack of werewolves in gestalt form huddled around a computer.

"Okay, so we need an excuse why we can't provide a picture of ourselves." Growls one.
"Oh, oh,oh... I've got it! Tell'em you can't take a picture because the film comes out all funny." Yips a second one.
"Don't be stupid. We already used that one. Remember, it was, like, three threads ago." Growls a third.
"Oh, yeah... Wait! Tell'em you're using a digital camera and the image will only come out right when uncompressed, and the camera only functions in .JPG compression mode."
"Hey, that's a good one. We'll use that one this time." All the werewolves begin laughing and wagging their tails while the one at the keyboard starts typing.
"Oh, hey. Don't forget to use bad spelling and all kinds of gramatical errors. That'll really piss them off."
"Yeah, maybe they'll call us attention whores and ban us from their little board again."
"Heh... thank God for disposable ISPs."
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

*claps*
:lol: :D
(darn it, how did he find out?)
:sweatdrop:
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent! :D
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Uniform Two Six wrote:I'm reading this entire thread and I'm mentally flashing on this image of a pack of werewolves in gestalt form huddled around a computer.

"Okay, so we need an excuse why we can't provide a picture of ourselves." Growls one.
"Oh, oh,oh... I've got it! Tell'em you can't take a picture because the film comes out all funny." Yips a second one.
"Don't be stupid. We already used that one. Remember, it was, like, three threads ago." Growls a third.
"Oh, yeah... Wait! Tell'em you're using a digital camera and the image will only come out right when uncompressed, and the camera only functions in .JPG compression mode."
"Hey, that's a good one. We'll use that one this time." All the werewolves begin laughing and wagging their tails while the one at the keyboard starts typing.
"Oh, hey. Don't forget to use bad spelling and all kinds of gramatical errors. That'll really piss them off."
"Yeah, maybe they'll call us attention whores and ban us from their little board again."
"Heh... thank God for disposable ISPs."
:roflmao:

Gold!
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf of Quinault

Post by Cavman »

Hehe, Wahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha, snork cough gag *dies*
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

:lol: thats funny.......especiall the disposable isp's ...thing :|
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

very wittie
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)