Lamest excuses given by pretend werewolves on the forums...

The place for anything at all...
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Who?

I say this: I don't believe in werewvolves of any p-s*** type. I'm annoyed when people say they are but I won't snipe at them becasue, who am I to say they aren't so? i'll just ignore any such claims untill they offer proof.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

shsu_bound_girl125 wrote:I read that post. she sounded like a nut case. No offense. Did you banned her?

Unfortunately, I am not a moderator and so I can't ban people. However, if I was a moderator, I probably would have banned her. Or, I might have simply threatened to ban her if she didn't stop making false claims.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Ah this thread has grow too big too fast.. :P If there are were's on this forum and are keping their traps shut, they prollie laughing at this whole thread which I don't blame them in the least :roll:

Truth of truth no werewolf would show themselves and you know why? Fer protection of their kind..Think real wolves..they hide fer a reason and they don't have any human in them.. they know better!! It doens't take a genious to figure these things out, though wolves are very smart creatures :D

What these posers need to do is leave..if they know what's best fer them. I'm am saying this because in any situation if someone makes false claims they will get it and it won't be pretty..

No one likes lies and it can get you killed whether it be about werewolves or some gang stuff or just everyday life, it doesn't matter..

So many things, so many lies about these things. This is why this world os the way it is, from lies and betrayal..Everything needs proof which is understandable..

But you never know either. There might be some out there that want to be seen. Because they don't want to hide anymore..You might get your proof oneday. Then what happens?
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Why does it bother us when someone claims to be a werewolf? If someone went up to a random passerby and claimed to be a werewolf, he'd probably accomplish nothing more than to get himself laughed at, or ignored at best. Especially when (as expected) he is unable to provide any shred of proof. However, doing the same thing here would more likely get him a lot of angry fists shaken in his face. Why is that? Why don't we find the idea quite so laughable as the rest of the world?

Maybe it's a sign that we're taking ourselves just a bit too seriously.

A child will poke an anthill with a stick because he enjoys the reaction, but who's going to bother poking a rock for long? Most people have better things to do.

My bet is that most people who make such inciteful claims are looking for a reaction. They aren't doing it because they believe it themselves. The reason is so they can say, "Look at these guys, making this big a fuss over such silly things! Hah! I can make them do whatever I want. This is better'n TV." The Internet is full of such anthills, and like a child with a stick, they suffer no consequences because they remain at arm's length.

What good does getting angry do? I'm sure we are very entertaining.

I'd rather be a rock. Let them move on.

-- Vilkacis
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Vilkacis wrote:Why does it bother us when someone claims to be a werewolf? If someone went up to a random passerby and claimed to be a werewolf, he'd probably accomplish nothing more than to get himself laughed at, or ignored at best. Especially when (as expected) he is unable to provide any shred of proof. However, doing the same thing here would more likely get him a lot of angry fists shaken in his face. Why is that? Why don't we find the idea quite so laughable as the rest of the world?
It's a simple matter of frequency. Sure, that happening to a random person wouldn't provoke the kind of reaction it does here, but if people kept coming up and doing that with the frequency it happens here, a negative reaction would be expected.

Really, it's the online equivlent of something like parking in someone else's parking space. Once or twice is okay, but eventually you start to get annoyed.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:
A child will poke an anthill with a stick because he enjoys the reaction, but who's going to bother poking a rock for long?
To me, its more like poking at a wasp's nest. There is more at risk compared to poking at an anthill.

Or...try poking at a dog/wolf while he is eating.

Vilkacis wrote:Most people have better things to do.
Better things to do?

2 was banned..but they insisted on returning here.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Lupin wrote:It's a simple matter of frequency. Sure, that happening to a random person wouldn't provoke the kind of reaction it does here, but if people kept coming up and doing that with the frequency it happens here, a negative reaction would be expected.

Really, it's the online equivlent of something like parking in someone else's parking space. Once or twice is okay, but eventually you start to get annoyed.
Sure, there's something to be said for frequency being a point of annoyance. I don't deny that. I do doubt that it is anywhere near the full cause of our typical reaction, though. But regardless, I think the real question is: Is this the correct reaction? What signals does it send? Does it encourage what we want? Does it discourage what we don't want?

It has been said that we teach people how to treat us...

Here on this online forum, we have an infinite number of parking spaces, so to speak. The only reason someone will bother to make a point of parking in "yours" is if they know it pisses you off.

Most people would have just said, "Don't feed the trolls," and left it at that. But not me, oh, no...
:thpt2:

But that sums up my general point.

Figarou wrote:
Vilkacis wrote:A child will poke an anthill with a stick because he enjoys the reaction, but who's going to bother poking a rock for long?
To me, its more like poking at a wasp's nest. There is more at risk compared to poking at an anthill.

Or...try poking at a dog/wolf while he is eating.
What risk is faced on the Internet? Deleting their brand new account? (Easy to make another...) Banning their IP or even *gasp* ISP? (So very simple to get around anyway...) A bad reputation for their online handle? (It's probably a temporary pseudonym...) The people we're talking about would gladly poke a wasp's nest if they had the same protections they enjoy here! In fact, all the more spectacular, no?

What I'm saying is that I don't see any risk at all. My point was not about what we can do to them, but what we do here. Most any swarming insect would have done for an example (but then again, more people have probably observed a lot of angry ants first-hand than wasps).
Figarou wrote:
Vilkacis wrote:Most people have better things to do.
Better things to do?

2 was banned..but they insisted on returning here.
Consider what I said in context. Most people have better things to do than to spend their time poking a rock, is what I said. What I'm pointing out is that we're not acting the rock, so they're going to keep coming back. The reason is that we keep flipping out over trivialities we can't really do much about anyway.

Back to Lupin's point, the reason I think frequency a poor excuse is that these things are going to happen no matter what. That's what life is: good and bad all mixed together. That's not going to change. The only thing that can be changed is how each individual chooses to deal with it.

... And banning people just because they claim to be werewolves is silly, in my opinion.

-- Vilkacis
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Awwww...

Post by RedEye »

Now I know what I did wrong as a child... I poked rocks with my stick. All they did is roll down hill and frighten people. :lol:

Actually, let's suppose there were real Werewolves...Real ones, that defied Einstein, and did what they historically did...try to survive.
Let's suppose that we know of two or three of these people.
In today's society...ME, myself...I'd be as loud as possible on the fact that they could not exist. I'd tell everyone that would listen they were impossible.
Why? Because that which is Special deserves protection. That which still connects us to the Mysterious is worth keeping safe, because we need that connection.
Because, beside the Fur, Fangs, and Legends: They are people, and deserving of their privacy. Like we are.
So...no matter what...they don't exist.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:
What risk is faced on the Internet? Deleting their brand new account? (Easy to make another...) Banning their IP or even *gasp* ISP? (So very simple to get around anyway...)
Oh...yes. Its easy to get around. Just go to your friends house and use his/her PC. Or use dial-up. The IP address always changes when using dial-up

Vilkacis wrote:What I'm saying is that I don't see any risk at all. My point was not about what we can do to them, but what we do here. Most any swarming insect would have done for an example (but then again, more people have probably observed a lot of angry ants first-hand than wasps).

Ok... I see your point. All I have to do is ignore them. Its a very simple task. Yeah....very simple. Yup...simple indeed. Now try and get everyone else to do the same. (Ignoring the trolls and the wanna be's)

You know....seeing a "I'm a real werewolf" post is almost like walking outside and seeing graffiti on your building. :roll:

I'm also new at this sort of game. And I was just following orders.
http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 5995#95995

I'm used to taking orders, not giving them. (Served almost 3 years as a soldier in the Army)

Now......we have 4, count 'em 4 mods. (5 if you include me.)

You see a "I'm a real werewolf" post. Whats the best thing to do? Delete it? Seems simple enough. But why isn't it being done? Are the mods not doing thier job? Why do "I" have to be the one to do it?

You tell me whats the best thing to do since you happen to be a moderator.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Renorei wrote:It annoys me very, very much when someone comes here and pretends to be a werewolf. However...I absolutely cannot stand when a person comes to the forums pretending to be a werewolf, and tries to force their opinions on us as fact...that's a massive insult to all of us, and it's damned inconsiderate.

"OMG that picture is WRONG. I'm a werewolf, and we don't look anything like that!!!111 We don't crave animal flesh!! RAR RAR OMG SO WRONG (insert more idiotic blathering inconsiderate s***, likely peppered with poor grammar and bad spelling)."

Take your lies and go. :P

If you want to pretend to be a werewolf then go ahead and do so...you'll be hated throughout the whole forum, and make yourself look like a damned fool to boot. But never ever ever try to use your fake lycanthropy as a way to try and make your opinions seem more important than anyone else's.
If that kind of retard said "human flesh" instead, at least he/she/it has a point.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I agree with Figarou, he's doing what he needs to do as being a Moderator the others are only doing half of thier job.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Yeah, when it's causing chaos on the board something needs to be done. If these people were real members it might be different, but almost every one of these trolls just signs up and within the first five posts makes these claims and never posts anywhere else. They don't care about the movie, they don't care about werewolves, they just want attention and want to annoy everyone.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with banning trolls when that's all they have to say. Remember, these people got ample warning that they need to be quiet and quit spamming the board with their nonsense, yet they persisted.
So why do we have a problem banning these guys?
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Figarou wrote:Ok... I see your point. All I have to do is ignore them. Its a very simple task. Yeah....very simple. Yup...simple indeed. Now try and get everyone else to do the same. (Ignoring the trolls and the wanna be's)
That's exactly the trouble, isn't it? Heh.

In a way, you could say that's what I was trying to do. But I suspect the truth of the matter is, it's near impossible to get everyone to listen. Even if everyone does miraculously take heed, it won't last long. People forget, newcomers come...

Moreso, my goal is to get people to think, whether what I say is ultimately right or wrong.
Figarou wrote:You know....seeing a "I'm a real werewolf" post is almost like walking outside and seeing graffiti on your building. :roll:
You know... I think that's probably the most accurate comparison used yet.
Figarou wrote:I'm also new at this sort of game. And I was just following orders.
http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 5995#95995

You see a "I'm a real werewolf" post. Whats the best thing to do? Delete it? Seems simple enough. But why isn't it being done? Are the mods not doing thier job? Why do "I" have to be the one to do it?

You tell me whats the best thing to do since you happen to be a moderator.
Perhaps my comment was unfair. I was speaking without the full context myself. My apologies.

What ABrownrigg outlines there sounds like a good and fair course of action. I would point out that people are not being instantly banned for claiming to be werewolves (as I incorrectly assumed, sorry -_-;), but are being banned for willful, continual disobedience even after being asked to play nice. That's not silly at all. That sounds perfectly reasonable.

EDIT: As for moderators doing their job, that's an important point to discuss. I suggest moving the discussion elsewhere:

http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/vi ... php?t=3097

-- Vilkacis
Last edited by Vilkacis on Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stupid Girl

Post by Raina The Werewolf Queen »

... And banning people just because they claim to be werewolves is silly, in my opinion.
LMAO this topic is out of hand lol
SEDUCTIVE AND DESTRUCTIVE

I WANT MY ANTHONY BROWNRIGG PLUSHIE RIGHT NOW !!!!!!
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

kitetsu wrote:
Renorei wrote:It annoys me very, very much when someone comes here and pretends to be a werewolf. However...I absolutely cannot stand when a person comes to the forums pretending to be a werewolf, and tries to force their opinions on us as fact...that's a massive insult to all of us, and it's damned inconsiderate.

"OMG that picture is WRONG. I'm a werewolf, and we don't look anything like that!!!111 We don't crave animal flesh!! RAR RAR OMG SO WRONG (insert more idiotic blathering inconsiderate s***, likely peppered with poor grammar and bad spelling)."

Take your lies and go. :P

If you want to pretend to be a werewolf then go ahead and do so...you'll be hated throughout the whole forum, and make yourself look like a damned fool to boot. But never ever ever try to use your fake lycanthropy as a way to try and make your opinions seem more important than anyone else's.
If that kind of retard said "human flesh" instead, at least he/she/it has a point.

Not really. Lots of people's werewolves crave human flesh.

PariahPoet wrote:Yeah, when it's causing chaos on the board something needs to be done. If these people were real members it might be different, but almost every one of these trolls just signs up and within the first five posts makes these claims and never posts anywhere else. They don't care about the movie, they don't care about werewolves, they just want attention and want to annoy everyone.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with banning trolls when that's all they have to say. Remember, these people got ample warning that they need to be quiet and quit spamming the board with their nonsense, yet they persisted.
So why do we have a problem banning these guys?

I agree wholeheartedly. Ban the little f***, they aren't adding anything to the board; they're just here to get attention or piss people off.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Renorei wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly. Ban the little f***, they aren't adding anything to the board; they're just here to get attention or piss people off.

Ooooo...not so PG-rated I see. :D

Just like you said here.

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 322#100322

Renorei wrote: Also, IMO, this place is a little too kid-friendly. It's far too rigidly PG Rated, at least as far as I'm concerned. Can we chill a little bit on the over-moderating of content that could possibly be adult? This is a forum about werewolves after all, those aren't exactly kiddy friendly creatures.

Ok.....its no longer kid friendly. You're able to see what you actually typed. Maybe I should remove all the duckies as well. :roll:
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Renorei wrote:

Ow my virgin Sixteen year old ears, you have a very nasty vocabulary.
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Figarou wrote: Ok.....its no longer kid friendly. You're able to see what you actually typed. Maybe I should remove all the duckies as well. :roll:
Noooooooooo, keep the duckies DDDDD:
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

:roll: I've known twelve year olds who swear more than that.
Fang wrote:Ow my virgin Sixteen year old ears, you have a very nasty vocabulary.
If you're 16, I know damn well you've heard that word before. Otherwise you're either lying about your age, or were kept in a box for sixteen years.

Can we go back to talking about poserwoofs now? :|
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

who was banned? ??
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ARMY Wolf

Post by strykeriuswolf »

Was somebody banned :?
I dun care what people say about us furries, I'm darn proud to be one and have always been proud. POWER TO THE FURRIES
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf of Quinault

Post by Cavman »

Yes, soomeone was. Can't remeber whoright now, but they were making a bigg fuss over at the "Good Werewolf Concept (pg-13)" thread in the ultimate werewolf section.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Vilkacis wrote:Why does it bother us when someone claims to be a werewolf? If someone went up to a random passerby and claimed to be a werewolf, he'd probably accomplish nothing more than to get himself laughed at, or ignored at best. Especially when (as expected) he is unable to provide any shred of proof. However, doing the same thing here would more likely get him a lot of angry fists shaken in his face. Why is that? Why don't we find the idea quite so laughable as the rest of the world?

Maybe it's a sign that we're taking ourselves just a bit too seriously.

A child will poke an anthill with a stick because he enjoys the reaction, but who's going to bother poking a rock for long? Most people have better things to do.

My bet is that most people who make such inciteful claims are looking for a reaction. They aren't doing it because they believe it themselves. The reason is so they can say, "Look at these guys, making this big a fuss over such silly things! Hah! I can make them do whatever I want. This is better'n TV." The Internet is full of such anthills, and like a child with a stick, they suffer no consequences because they remain at arm's length.

What good does getting angry do? I'm sure we are very entertaining.

I'd rather be a rock. Let them move on.

-- Vilkacis
I see it humourously and I refuse to fight with anybody claiming to be such if it annoys me.

Its not what they are faking that annoys some people, I think. What I dislike is people forcing opinions and calling me stupid. Again, I'll happily ignore them, but deep down inside it makes me laugh coldly, it makes me angry. But I let them insult me, because they're wasting their energy, not mine :lol: man I love this emoticon. Its very true they are looking for a reaction. They won't get it from me, thats another thing I despise is people looking for a reaction, it's funny, really. When you don't give it to them they eventually move on or start insulting you, and it becomes a joke and the more you sit and don't retaliate, the more they have technically lost.

I know, I know, cruel of me to laugh at them...but really :lol:

-Only then notices the discussion after Vilkacis' post- I think they'd only be a threat if they began insulting us, telling us rashly we are wrong, swearing, spamming the boards...all things no one here likes. Sometimes the fakes post on boards once and never come back.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Fenrir wrote:who was banned? ??

You have!! :bandana:

Wait...you've been capped. :showercap:

nyuk nyuk nyuk! :jester2:
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

*groans* :roll:

:lol: