Multi-weres

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

Can someone be more than a werewolf?

No
54%
Yeah, but they will shift separeted (By his will or at random)
13%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
12%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
21%

Total votes: 52

RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Actually, when you get to the Multi-Were concept, you're talking about a Metamorph. Legends do deal with them, and apparently the idea is nearly world-wide. It always revolves around someone who has either angered their Deity, or someone who has stolen a "potion" or an "object" that confers the power of multiplle shapes on it's owner/posessor/drinker/whatever.
There needs to be a differentiation between something that generates an illusion of shape-shift and something that actually results in shape shifting.
In one instance that comes to mind, the legend has it that whatever the metamorph was holding in his hand at sunset was what he became, as an animal/shifter. If he held nothing, he was unchanged. He died when he discarded a lock of lion fur, but didn't see the flea in the creases of his hand.
In other situations, it would be the Shaman who would become various animals by sympathetic magic; usually to entice some sort of food animal into traps and snares by tricking them into not noticing those items.
In just about every case, though, being a PolyWere/Metamorph seems to have a really nasty set of negatives attatched to it, as if being more than a Human and ONE other creature was breaking some big taboo.
Like I said, these stories are world-wide, and have this odd constant running through them.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I myself would like to see a were-kanga-wolf :D
STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC
Legendary
Legendary

Post by STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC »

I think it's entirely possible and then said person would be able to change into an either/or form, or possibly a hybrid version of the two, or quite possibly both.