Stitches suck

The place for anything at all...
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Stitches suck

Post by silverpaw »

Heya everyone, just wondering, has anyone ever had stitches? And if so has anyone got them inside there mouht :( Well if you havnt you dont wont to, i got smaked in the mouth and my tooth seems to half riped my lip in half, and i got 3 stitches last night, now my lip looks -bad word here- Up.

Anyways, lol share your war stories or whatever right here :o

Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

A couple weeks back I cut my finger while making lunch and got six stitches. Bled all over the counter tops, my shirt, and sketch book which was near by. The drawing I bled all over is in my scraps in DA. They gave me a shot. :(
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

Aw that sucks, my mum almost always manages to cut ehr finger whilst making dinner :roll: not deepo enough for stitches though

Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

I am very clumsy...well in a sence. I live life like, "Whats the worst that can happen?" attitude. :|
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

I live a "meh wounds heal over" Or "hey look something shiny" lol if that makes sense :P

Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

In the 7th grade. Got hit in the face with a dodgeball at point-blank and it drove the rims of my glasses into my face. Three stitches in my nose, seven under my left eye.

And here's the kicker: The accident was on my birthday. . . And they came out six days later, on April Fools Day. :grinp:
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

haha, classic

vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I got a whole Viking saga's worth of stories...

First, nine years old, car accident, hand flew out the window and car rolled on top of it, severing one fingertip, crushing two others. Stitches, hundreds of them, my hand in a mitt for three months and that pretty much ended my ambidexterity.

At age twenty, working on a sculpture, sawing with my Swiss Army knife. Took a wild swing and raked the saw across my left thumb, clear down to the bone. Get this, it didn't hurt, but there was blood all over the place, so I went down to the ER to get it fixed. Irony time: the shot to locally anaesthetize it hurt more than the injury itself! Total of eight stitches.

June 1987, wisdom teeth extraction. All four. Don't remember how many stitches it took to close those pits but the roots grew at screwy angles and the dentist had to literally chisel away at the bone matrix around them. :x

September/October 1994: knee dislocation, it needs arthroscopy to stabilize it. Four "rattlesnake" scars at the semi-cardinal compass points around my left knee, each took about 3-5 stitches to close.

January 1999: Out camping in the desert, putting up a yurt, one of the rafters fell and smacked me in the face. My brow ridge and cheekbone saved me from losing my right eye but it took about 36 stitches to close the wound, externally. There were more stitches inside because the injury screwed up my tear duct drainage tube so every now and again my right eye spontaneously tears, emotional status notwithstanding.

September 16, 2005: you might have read it already, but I had major cancer surgery. Colon resection in two places, hysterectomy, appendectomy. Internally, more stitches than you could shake a stick at, external wound closed with 32 staples. That was interesting. For a couple weeks, I had a total of five navel piercings! (But thankfully, I don't have to worry about getting my tubes tied anymore...)

Early December 2005: I had to get a shunt put in my chest for chemotherapy so I have that, four stitches holding it in place on my pec and in my ventral artery, seven stitches closing the entry wound. I'm getting it taken out after I get the "all clear" from my oncologist, which means another wound, another 7-10 stitches, I'm guessing at right angles to the initial entry scar.

Here's fingers crossed that the present collection is "My Lifetime Share" and I don't have to go under the knife/needle/stapler again...
ImageImageImageImage
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

Wow...thats all i can say

vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Same here... :(
ImageImageImageImage
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Stiches in mouth after having wisdom teeth removed two days before christmass (there is still blood on my pillow ewwww). And five stiches when I fell and got gravel in my knee while in Costa Rica.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Nope. No stitches here.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Wow. Suddenly I feel like I've lived a nice peaceful life.

Although Vrikasatma's last two reminded me of something I wouldn't have otherwise counted -- I had a double-hernia opperation when I was two. Needless to say, I don't remember how many stitches I had afterwards.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I've gotten myself cut many, many times. And I probably should have gotten stitches most of those times. But we live out in the country, so we never bothered to take me to get the stitches I might have needed.

The only time that I remember getting stitches is whenever I got all four of my wisdom teeth out. Luckily, I didn't have to get the stitches removed because they used the dissolving kind.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I had surgery over the summer, butluckily sicne it was minor they could use glue instead of stiches.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Shadowblaze wrote:I had surgery over the summer, butluckily sicne it was minor they could use glue instead of stiches.
glue?

I didn't know glue can be used.

I know its a special type of glue. I'm used to hearing people getting stitches.

I had stitches on my hand after cutting myself deep. What I didn't like was the shot to numb the area before the doc put stitches in. That hurt!!
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

It felt really wierd having a syringe in my mouth, half the stuff went in my throat and made that numb.

dymock
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by dymock »

Fell on to a rough ground and cut my chin up and had to get stiches.
A tv fell on my forehead and now I have an inch long scar on my forehead.
I didn't get stiches for this one but should of, fell off some playground deal and peeled the skin of my fingers.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

You know, it's really strange: people tell me that riding horses is a dangerous lifestyle, but by and large the cause of me getting stitchable injuries was due to human influence.

I think I'll stick with the big red hairy monster...he's stopped nipping and won't give me cancer...
ImageImageImageImage
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

I probably should have gotten stitches for a lot of the cuts I have had over there years... all the scapes and cuts from falling.. and tripping over all kinds of things... and time I got shot in the back... probably should have gotten stitches for that.. but I didn't... I do have 4 stitches at the base of my left pinky, inside the palm.. underneath the nuckle.. brother set a glass on the edge of the counter.. went to get a drink.. glass fell.. tried to catch it.. crushed it in my hand... got deep cut right down to the tendent and a gash in my wrist.. right next to the vain... nearly cut it too... by the time we got the bleeding to stop the floor and sink was covered in blood...

Family didn't want to take me to get stitches either... had to stay up all night holding a towl in my hand to keep the cut from bleeding all over the place... then when we finally went to get stitches the doc pulled the cut open to see how deep it went... started bleeding all over the floor and I nearly hit him in the face.. and when they finally came into the room to put the stitches in.. they stuck the cut with like 5 different needles.. not to mention the ones they stuck in my upper arm... they all hurt like a *%$#$...

... I know it doesn't seem like a big deal... but I nearly lost the use of a finger...
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Figarou wrote:
Shadowblaze wrote:I had surgery over the summer, butluckily sicne it was minor they could use glue instead of stiches.
glue?

Super glue was actualy developed by the army during Vietnam for just this reason. If you hadn't know this already, they also brought it up in Dog Soldiers :wink:
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Petard wrote:
Figarou wrote:
glue?

Super glue was actualy developed by the army during Vietnam for just this reason. If you hadn't know this already, they also brought it up in Dog Soldiers :wink:

I saw that in Dog Soldiers. I didn't know it was used in the real world.
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

oh yeah he says "ever wonder how super glue sticks your fingers together better than your mams china"
I think,. :o

Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

A good friend of me once got stitches in his ear.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I hate doing stitches, especially in kids. Needles and kids--not fun. I really hate to be the bad guy, even if I'm good at it.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...