Fenrir wrote: 128.Lupin
Whee! Power of two!
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Lone_Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lone_Wolf »

Fenrir wrote:
Merrypaws wrote:I'm pretty much clueless about everything here. I'd love a necklace, but I don't have a paypal account AND I live all the way up here, in Finland, so the shipping would cost something.
I really can't figure out how to pay for the shipping. :(
I thought they were free are they still?
Well I think the deal was since people would be helping to distribute them, anybody that wanted them would pay shipping, which I'm sure won't be that much anyway. For our European friends, we'll see what the damage (cost) is, it might not be as bad as you'd think (a couple dollars). I'm sure we can figure something out for paying for shipping in any event for those without Paypal.
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stalking the Shadows

Post by Leighlia »

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Fenrir wrote:
Merrypaws wrote:I'm pretty much clueless about everything here. I'd love a necklace, but I don't have a paypal account AND I live all the way up here, in Finland, so the shipping would cost something.
I really can't figure out how to pay for the shipping. :(
I thought they were free are they still?
Well I think the deal was since people would be helping to distribute them, anybody that wanted them would pay shipping, which I'm sure won't be that much anyway. For our European friends, we'll see what the damage (cost) is, it might not be as bad as you'd think (a couple dollars). I'm sure we can figure something out for paying for shipping in any event for those without Paypal.

Edit: Oh...and paypal accounts are free to set up.
Hey look....quote pyramid. Eh-hem...

Yes, they are still free, but Lone Wolf is correct, since members are distributing then folks who want them will need to chip in for shipping. I'm going to go to the post office either later today or tomorrow as time allows and do some fact finding on costs and will pass that information on to Mr. Maszk who will then post it on here I believe.

As for our international packmates, I'll ask if postage can be prepurchased there and forwarded...or something. Not knowing how things are handled postage wise in other countries it may require a little leg work on their part...trip to the post office and asking. But let me see what I can do first. This is all VERY preliminary so lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

*squeaks* #68!! Me am happiest now!!! :D
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

I think we should go by date joined i only post when i feel i have something to add to the conversation but i visit everyday. So my post count isn't real high but i am number 34 and I would love a necklace. Let me know when we need to setup up our paypal accounts.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Post by Akugarou »

There must be a way to figure join date with post count. Someone who is good with algebra.. I hate algebra!!

A balance must be struck between those who have waited longest for the necklaces, and those who have contributed greatly to the boards.

My 2 cents. :|
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

We should also factor in those of us who already have one; a few lucky convention goers were given them in person, so some names can be scratched off.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Veruth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Veruth »

Darth Canis wrote:I think we should go by date joined i only post when i feel i have something to add to the conversation but i visit everyday. So my post count isn't real high but i am number 34 and I would love a necklace. Let me know when we need to setup up our paypal accounts.
I'm the same way, I'm on almost every day, but only post when I have something to contribute (or some stupid comment). I think I was number 170 on that list, which really surprised me. I didn't expect to be on there at all.
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

Im currently taking a look at folks on the posted list as far as how long it has been since some of these people have posted. The suggested post limit was >10. However, there are some that I am finding with as many as 50 posts that haven't posted since January.

So, does anyone think that any of these other folks should be contacted? For instance, Sporty Fox or Treads Lightly? They meet the requirements that have been spoken of, but haven't posted in ages. Personally I'm leaning towards no myself, but I want to keep things fair to all and we can always issue a deadline for response. These folks being gone (if they are truely gone) will greatly cut down that list and likely leave some surplus....well as things stand now anyway.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Akugarou wrote:There must be a way to figure join date with post count. Someone who is good with algebra.. I hate algebra!!

A balance must be struck between those who have waited longest for the necklaces, and those who have contributed greatly to the boards.

My 2 cents. :|
Personally, I would say to let priority be based solely on join date. Even if someone has 0 posts, if they're around right now to request one, give it to 'em (that was one of the requirements, anyway). If someone has hundreds of posts and isn't around to ask for one, they won't get one until they do.

Plan on sending out a certain number (x) each week (or month, etc. -- whatever). Let people PM (or post) their request at any time (in other words, don't contact them, have them contact you).

This makes things really simple. Just record requests as they come, and then, during any given time-period:

1) Get the top x number of requests based on their join date.
2) PM them to let them know they can send payment and info now.
3) At the end of the time-period, drop by the post-office and send out the batch of necklaces for which you have been paid and received addressing info.

If a person wants a second one, they have to request it again after the first has been sent, but this time, they get put at the very bottom of the list.

The wait list, sent list, need-payment list, and the remaining number of necklaces should be available at any time (meaning those need to be kept up-to-date in a post here at the Pack so we can see them).

I don't really see why post count should have anything to do with it. You're not going to find any fair way to automate that.

-- Vilkacis
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

I like those ideas.

But, are you then suggesting that if someone makes a request that has a later join date, they go on the "wait" list?

I am unsure of how to handle international shipping yet. It obviously is going to be much more expensive shipping from the US.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Leighlia wrote:But, are you then suggesting that if someone makes a request that has a later join date, they go on the "wait" list?
Yes. Everyone goes on the wait list at first -- they 'get in line.' The only difference is that those who have been here longer get to, kind of, skip ahead in the line since they have alreadly been waiting longer than the ones they're skipping. (A Priority Queue, for those who know what I mean.)

Now, keep in mind that no one will be waiting any longer than they would have otherwise -- that is, the case where you had simply gone through Fenrir's list and PM'd each person. The reason why is, in the absolute worst case, every single person ahead of them on that list steps into the line ahead of them. That's the absolute worst case, and they're no worse off than before. (Again, for those who know what I mean: true starvation won't occur (except among those who want spares), since there are a finite and static number with a high priority.)

The most likely case, I think, is that maybe 30 ~ 50 high-priority people (100 at absolute worst, I think) get in line all at once, rather than every single one. This gives the people lower on the list a good chance, at least, to get theirs considerably faster.

Furthermore, once the initial rush is satisfied, the wait time becomes very, very low. At this point, newcomers and people who want spares will have an opportunity to get them, if there are any left at that point.

-- Vilkacis
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

I don't post very often either, but I am on practically every day and I would like one...

I do like the way Vilkacis is going with this, while this problem might not have an "easy" solution, Vilkacis system might make things run more smoothly..
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

That's what i thought we were doing. I am so confused about this. We need a final say so from someone
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Fenrir wrote:That's what i thought we were doing. I am so confused about this. We need a final say so from someone
It's mostly up to Leighlia, I think, since she will be the one doing the distribution. Whatever method she chooses will be fine, so long as everyone gets their chance.

-- Vilkacis
Hearth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hearth »

I'd love to have one of them. :howl:  :oo

It still might become too difficult to get them here in Finland... :cry:
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

And now I have proof that there are wiser people out there than me. :lol:

No, really. I will go all the way around to do something...the hardest way possible. That's why I asked for this input.

I'll go with Vilkacis ideas and begin putting a request list together sometime after the holidays, but in a diffrent thread. (I've got to get the family through the holidays first). I will also start a Waiting List/Sent/Need payment thread (and include running inventory total listing there). To keep private info private I will PM those that are next on the list for their addresses and to let them know they can send payment for the shipping.

I live within walking distance to the post office, so it would be easy enough to drop stuff off. Still, to make it easy(er) I'll pick one day of the week (like Monday) and make once a week or once every other week trips depending on request load.

Edit: Ok, maybe starting that list sooner would be better.
Hearth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hearth »

Is there by the way such option in sending package, that the receiver pays it? So that the package would be in the post office until paied and taken?
Lone_Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lone_Wolf »

Heart of the Pack wrote:Is there by the way such option in sending package, that the receiver pays it? So that the package would be in the post office until paied and taken?
Like a Postage paid by addressee? I think that might be only for bulk permit. I seem to recall a very large surcharge for that...
Wuerger
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

overseas shipping

Post by Wuerger »

I shouldn't think that overseas shipping would be any big deal. They can be shipped via the U.S. Postal Svc and cost would be the only real issue. If it came down to it you could mail a cashiers check for the amount of shipping costs, converted to U.S. $ and then when the check is cashed your necklace would be sent. Any bank worth it's salt will know the current exchange rate and issue the check accordingly. And if you are talking about the Euro...your cost would actually be a bit lower because of the Euro's current value vs the Dollar. I think the overseas people are getting discouraged w/out cause... I have shipped stuff overseas before it is not that big a deal. And if "individual" cost is prohibitive, well then may be we could consider a "European Rep" that could receive a bulk shipment and then that Euro-rep could then mail them locally or a few people in the same region could share shipping costs etc... I think we could work that out if it came to it. There are always ways around paying full cost for shipping. These are just ideas... this is all still being worked out at this point so don't get discouraged.
Der Wuerger

always the dead guy, when do I get a speaking part...
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Tip time:

If you're sending coins in an envelope, tape them to a small piece of cardboard so the edges don't rip through the envelope. Those edges work just as well as razors on paper if they're loose.
ImageImageImageImage
nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

*blink blink*

Post by nekocj »

*blink blink* ?? I'm number 102? Was I really that early???? Neko feels...well hmm I'm not sure what to think of that oO 100 and more have come after me and I have come 100 after the first. I am somewhere in the middle...I guess strange. Not sure.

This is a pretty pointless post but I guess I just felt like expressing my surprise at being an earlier member in the game than I thought :D

-Neko
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Ok, where do we stand on the necklaces? (just curious how close the list may be getting to me! ;) )
Also- this summer I will probably have a bit of free time so I'd be willing to help make and mail them if someone could send me the supplies and stamped envelopes.
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leighlia »

PariahPoet,

Please refer to this link for the information you are looking for and to put your name on the request list.

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... sc&start=0

Thanks.

I am currently out of state and my web access is very limited. I will make any list updates after May 1 for all new necklace/symbol requests.
Feel the wag!