Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Chocolate duckies lck
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

ImageImageImageImage
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

True, and you'd need white chocolate to add yellow food coloring.
But parents probably wouldn't let their kids have home-made candy.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

PariahPoet wrote:True, and you'd need white chocolate to add yellow food coloring.
But parents probably wouldn't let their kids have home-made candy.

yup. only wrapped candy will be accepted on halloween.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou wrote:
:o heh....all I need is a chocolate melting pot
:D
Which I have. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
shsu_bound_girl125
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by shsu_bound_girl125 »

Last year I went as a werewolf. I had a mask I bought from Wal Marts and just some old clothes that I torn up. I just wore glothes and boots. But that costume looks awesome. I wish it didn't cost over 300 bicks though.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I wish someone would go trick or treating with me. Hmm, maybe I should go with my sister and her new baby. :? But answering the door sounds fun too! Wonder if kids will come to the new apartment...

Usually I just lurk around and enjoy watching everyone else in costuume. Its great.

Oh man Halloween is on a Tuesday this year. Damn. :( Ah well.

My mate dresses up as a Jehovas Witness every year (cant spell). Its a stupid joke b/c Jehovas Witnesses dont celebrate halloween and he wears normal clothes. No one ever gets it. He has a strange sense of humour. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Hosting trick-or-treat is a blast. You catch everyone's costume. It's at least as much fun as circulating.

How easygoing is the management of your apartment complex? Are they cool with Hallowe'en decorations?

If you want trick-or-treaters to come, decorate the hell out of your landing or entryway. If it's under a stairwell, decorate in the planting beds if your complex will let you. A carvable craft pumpkin with a glowstick in it works great. Last year I did up my landing as a haunted forest, complete with owl.

I also usually have a nice prize — like a Hallowe'en figure, a box of real quality candy (like the See's bonbons) or a plushie — to gift to the first trick-or-treater with a killer, homemade costume and/or persona. If no-one comes that really makes my skirts fly up, then the prize goes into my Hallowe'en decorations stash.

You don't have to give candy, either, though I usually buy at least five pounds of the stuff. Hallowe'en is as big as Christmas around here and we always get a lot of trick-or-treaters. I like to give Mardi Gras-like beads in Hallowe'en colours. The Mardi Gras warehouses have them because there are Hallowe'en krewes and parades (or there were).
ImageImageImageImage
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Oh man last year we had a Hotel down here that was made into a haunted house!! This Hotel was huge!! I couldn't get meh Family to go in there with me so I never got to go, but Six Flags has some every year!! Fright Fest!!! :lol:
shsu_bound_girl125
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by shsu_bound_girl125 »

Anyone ever been to Mickey Mouse's Not So scary Halloween Party? It's Awesome!! I went as a pirate and hung out around the Pirates Of The Caribbean ride scaring the little 2 year olds. :lol:
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

I just wanted to mention, shsu_bound_girl125, the costume in your avvie flat-out rocks. That's one of the best wolf costumes I've seen anywhere.

Scaring 2-y.o.'s on Hallowe'en is fun :evil: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

We don't have Halloween over here in the Netherlands.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

vrikasatma wrote:Hosting trick-or-treat is a blast. You catch everyone's costume. It's at least as much fun as circulating.

How easygoing is the management of your apartment complex? Are they cool with Hallowe'en decorations?

If you want trick-or-treaters to come, decorate the hell out of your landing or entryway. If it's under a stairwell, decorate in the planting beds if your complex will let you. A carvable craft pumpkin with a glowstick in it works great. Last year I did up my landing as a haunted forest, complete with owl.

I also usually have a nice prize — like a Hallowe'en figure, a box of real quality candy (like the See's bonbons) or a plushie — to gift to the first trick-or-treater with a killer, homemade costume and/or persona. If no-one comes that really makes my skirts fly up, then the prize goes into my Hallowe'en decorations stash.

You don't have to give candy, either, though I usually buy at least five pounds of the stuff. Hallowe'en is as big as Christmas around here and we always get a lot of trick-or-treaters. I like to give Mardi Gras-like beads in Hallowe'en colours. The Mardi Gras warehouses have them because there are Hallowe'en krewes and parades (or there were).
Yeah, its my first halloween in this apartment (havent even moved in yet) but theres a small balcony that I plan to decorate like crazy. :D Lots of pumpkins!
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I must warn any werewolves this year. Do not buy fake fur. Last time I did this, I had it stuck all over my face and hands, it looks stupid anyway, and it clogged the sinks and ripped off and it hurt, despite the fact the packet said the glue was easy to remove.

Of course, we did manage to scare some children who honestly believed we were werewolves, because we looked pretty .. er... furry... even the wind swishing the tails was probably scary to the poor kids! This was years ago; I have not gotten fur since.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Kirk Hammett wrote:I must warn any werewolves this year. Do not buy fake fur. Last time I did this, I had it stuck all over my face and hands, it looks stupid anyway, and it clogged the sinks and ripped off and it hurt, despite the fact the packet said the glue was easy to remove.

Of course, we did manage to scare some children who honestly believed we were werewolves, because we looked pretty .. er... furry... even the wind swishing the tails was probably scary to the poor kids! This was years ago; I have not gotten fur since.
Yeah, I have a tail made of faux fur and temporary hair spray. It looks great but the thing sheds worse then a real animal and if I wear it, my jeans will start turning black from the spray. :D
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Are you guys just buying cheap fur or what? I've never had fake fur do that.

I was a werewolf about two years ago, but all I had were ears, fangs, a tail, and some fur over my boots. Beautiful stuff, that fur. Actually looked pretty real. I've still got some in my closet.

No clue what I'm going as this year though. I hadn't thought about it.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Set wrote:Are you guys just buying cheap fur or what? I've never had fake fur do that.
Well I did get it from a craft store if that answers your question. :D And it was very long to begin with, almost like hair. I had to chop it down quite a bit. Hmmm, maybe thats why it was all over the place. :lol:

Sorry, I guess I hadnt thought before I posted. :lol:
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

well, where I am, theres this city-ish place where evryone goes, and one of my friends lives there, this haloween we were speculating about going as each other... Or I was going to do something nuts with my hair or somehting...

But for the last couple fo eyars I haven't bothered with a real costume and instead build stuff out of lego's to wear, you know, like a hand with claws or similar.

What would be frikken sweet would be to go as Saesenenii, one of my characters.

I'd like to do somehting cool, though. not that i will... I'll prolly end up staying home and going out to the store day-after-haloween to fill up on candy.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

I make over-the-head masks and cover them in fake fur (for the mane) and velvet for the face. The head actually perches on top of my head and I peer out a strip in the throat, like those baseball-cap style jobbers.
ImageImageImageImage
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

Anubis wrote:If i had an extra $3,000.00 i'll have Nightmare armor make me a replica of master chief's MOJLOR armor, but no.... i don't :cry:

Hey Anubis,

http://www.forumplanet.com/haloplanet/t ... 927994&p=3
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

If all goes well, my commissioned outfit from Shadowsaber may be ready by Halloween. If not, I'll still have it by A-Kon next year. I may very well have to find another something to do between then, too, as her outfits rock. Hmm... New Year's party!
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
wolfman1991
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfman1991 »

I'm being myself for Holloween...don't really do Holoween anymore. I just buy my own candy lol. As for scaring people, i really stink at that so its not use trying.
I feel a wolf...a wolf growing inside me....getting stronger day by day.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

http://www.spirithalloween.com/index.cf ... 79cf88b99/

This is just so cool!! I think I can save up for this!!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I'm on a serious budget this year, so I'll probably just stop shaving a week before, dig out my tiedye T-shirt, "borrow" my brother's marijuana-themed accessories and go out as a hippie.