A Few 100 Bullets

The place for anything at all...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

A Few 100 Bullets

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I got thinking, as many amazing events that us as humans went through.... Lets say a werewolf isnt alergic to silver in any more than a human would, cause in the movies they always had werewolf get killed within 1-3 shots, and I find that tiresome. There have been people who got shot in the head 3-4 times and half there skull missing and still lived a normal life. there have been cases where a bullet has rickotchet off the back of the skull and changed directions. There have been cases where people have been shot 10 times and still lived fine. There has even been a time where a soldier still kept on running and shooting even after he died cause of all the adrynaline. Well shouldnt some werewolf be able to sustain more damage from gunshots than a human, after all with TF and body they must have alot of adrynaline running through thier vein and it tightens it up. This is a theory for those people who dont believe in regeneration(I can point to a few, but i want), but I think this can also help regenerative abilities quite a bit. What do you guys think?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I've never heard of someone missing half their brain and living a normal life, if you want to prove that you need to give me links.

The thing is that these seem to be rare instances, yes these things can happen quite often, but more or not people are going to die from less bullets and not turn out so lucky. A werewolf is not going to be able to quickly heal a nice big hole in his body, better regenerative abilities or not.
This is a theory for those people who dont believe in regeneration
I don't know anybody here who don't beleive in regeneration. It would be like the people who don't beleive in evolution, knowing of evolution and natural selection doen't mean you beleive in 'the big bang'. If you were pointing out my veiw on how regeneration wouldn't help so much, I'd still say no to that theory.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:I've never heard of someone missing half their brain and living a normal life, if you want to prove that you need to give me links.

here is one.

http://www.thebni.com/index.asp?pg=au_s ... f&catID=au
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

these are rare ecations and mostly happens on the battle field, cause of all adrynaline, Its just that some people say a werewolf must have alot of adrynaline when in werewolf form, or during the TF. but as for the proof that people sustained wounds like i mentioned, some of it I heard on the history channel, and I didnt say half of thier brain is missing, I said part of thier skull(the layer)
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

outwarddoodles wrote:I've never heard of someone missing half their brain and living a normal life, if you want to prove that you need to give me links.
Google for 'hemispherectomy'. It's a procedure where half of the brain is removed, usually to treat epilepsy.
A hemispherectomy can be performed at any age. However, it appears that younger children do better because the remaining side of the brain takes over functions from the lost side. Although it's not clear as to what age transference for speech to the remaining hemisphere occurs, it may take place up to age 14, and sometimes later. For many children, the damage in the speech area causes language to be transferred to the opposite side even before the operation.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Google for 'hemispherectomy'. It's a procedure where half of the brain is removed, usually to treat epilepsy.
A hemispherectomy can be performed at any age. However, it appears that younger children do better because the remaining side of the brain takes over functions from the lost side. Although it's not clear as to what age transference for speech to the remaining hemisphere occurs, it may take place up to age 14, and sometimes later. For many children, the damage in the speech area causes language to be transferred to the opposite side even before the operation.

heh, I didn't know part of the brain could be removed.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:heh, I didn't know part of the brain could be removed.
Yes, brain is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Kinda like Russia.
WereDog
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hell-hound From outer regions of pluto

Post by WereDog »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote:heh, I didn't know part of the brain could be removed.
Yes, brain is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Kinda like Russia.
you forgot to mention the goo! :lol:
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

A going 'theory' about how silver might be an allgergin (sp?) is related to some of the older mythos surrounding silver.

It is said that Silver cups and calices were used to 'discover posion'. Certain types of posion were reputedly able to tarnish silver, even in a more diluted form. So anyone drinking from a silver cup would be able to tell if their drink was posined.

Of course this isn't 100 percent true, but the mythos still stands. ;)

So rather then have any biological effect, or connection to the moon ( beyound the symbolic ), it could be that the virus is mildly effected by silver.

Its a thought. ;)

On the other hand, with a hyper-immune system ( ie regeneritive - sp - capabilities ), I'm sure werewolves would be able to withstand a higher percentage of bullet wounds. Maybe they heal faster then a normal human once teh bullets are removed? Or maybe they heal over them, but it causes great suffering ( forigen body in the body causing pain ).

But If someone were to, say, hit a heart, lung, kidney, liver, or other major organ.., unless they removed teh bullet right away it would eventually kill them. Even if only because the bullet would be lodged in a major organ.., even if it healed over the wound and stopped the bleeding. That can't be good for the system.

So perhaps the werewolf's regenrititve abiltiiy can be a fault as much as a positive thing?

This topic brings up some very intresting questions. Prolly have been touched upon already somewhere else I'm sure. ;)
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
WereDog
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hell-hound From outer regions of pluto

Post by WereDog »

yeah take werewolf of london(1935) for example. in that movie the werewolf is killed by one normal led bullet.

however if this was a swedish movie, then it could happen. as here the police use some kind of bullet that has thorns that rip the flesh on the sides of the bullet to shreds.(im not making that up) the U.N. has forbidden people to use them in wars. and still our cops can use em. ??
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

WereDog wrote:as here the police use some kind of bullet that has thorns that rip the flesh on the sides of the bullet to shreds.(im not making that up) the U.N. has forbidden people to use them in wars. and still our cops can use em. ??
Hollowpoints?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

they got those 17.mm bullets that can go through half the body armors out there, and they sell it for the civilian guns
Image Image