What are wolves to you?

The place for anything at all...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Goldenwolf wrote:I have the great chance and honor of being able to volunteer at a local wolf and wolf hybrid rescue. Yes, dogs are basicly domesticated wolves. We all know that. But there is something about a pure wolf when it is staring you in the face, scent rubbing all over you, and laving you with kisses that is more than any dog. It is hard NOT to see the wolf as mysterious, powerfull, and a great spirit when it is prowling around you with that lanky gait, and it's intense, pale eyes are regarding you from only a few feet away. For me, it is extremely humbling. I know the realities of the wolf because I have read many books and been in their presence, researched their anatomy and ways, and am ever learning about them. I have my head on straight when it comes to the reality of wolves. However, it is the SPIRIT of the wolf that most influences me.

That said...

What is the wolf to me? The wolf is my ultimate symbol of wildness, of the wilderness and that primal link we have all forgotten. Wolf is my icon of spirituality, of my own feral nature and reverence for the wild and natural world, which is my church. Wolf is my teacher, leading me and showing me the right path as I wander through life. I know wolves, and feel like I have known them since time immemorial. It is the spirit of wolf that has brought me here, and the spirit of wolf that guides me, and I am the spirit of wolf as well.

Yes, I am obsessed and passionate about wolves. But I think everyone knew that ;)
ahmen :howl:  :oo

Goldenwolf, i couldnt say it better myself, you always had a strong way with words
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Hmm.... not sure if I've ever said anything in this topic before.

Well, I'm gonna try to be upfront but not romanticize too terribly much. I like wolves, it's true that they symbolize a lot of things but that's not why I like them. I don't consider them magical or anything, I merely feel great emphathy towards them and see many great traits that I myself find to be rare and valuable.

So I've kinda adopted the wolf as my personal symbol, as a sort of reminder of what sort of person I strive to be. Really there's nothing more to it then that.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

WolvenOne wrote:Hmm.... not sure if I've ever said anything in this topic before.

Well, I'm gonna try to be upfront but not romanticize too terribly much. I like wolves, it's true that they symbolize a lot of things but that's not why I like them. I don't consider them magical or anything, I merely feel great emphathy towards them and see many great traits that I myself find to be rare and valuable.

So I've kinda adopted the wolf as my personal symbol, as a sort of reminder of what sort of person I strive to be. Really there's nothing more to it then that.

thats exactly how I see wolves. :D
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

I just think they're really cool animals, and find they way that they interact socially amazing.
LoboLEO
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luna's pet

Post by LoboLEO »

I can't think in other creatures on earth with such beauty, noble, and wildness all in one... it's a free creature that can look upon your eyes to remind you that spiritually we're all the same. They can stare and just be guardian of the earth they can howl and make you shudder ... or growl and make you fear...

And mainly they are the symbol freedom when I think about werewolves...so the process , the transformation it's like a reborn of ourself....

:howl:  :oo
My werewolf-girl comic Online:
http://www.alphaluna.net/

My werewolf Art.
http://www.loboleo.com
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I have to agree with much of what evryone's said here, but i also get the same ideas when i look at any tuype of large feline, too. specifically tigers.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

come on you got to love the animal that started the whole werewolf thing!!!!!!!!!
THE GAME

My Armory
Vehemori
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Vehemori »

I also respect wolves for what they are, but the spirit of the wolf is the biggest thing. I have this inner wolf thing going on mostly because of that. It has feeling that I like and respect; wildness, freedom, strength, calmness ( when not tearing anything apart :wink: )...

I also see this kind of spirit with other animals, such as tigers, but not with same feeling.
working on avatar...