So...What have you read?

The place for anything at all...
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Avareis wrote:Well, I haven't read much since the Harry Potter series. Though, I saw something in Barnes and Noble that got me moving to the Eragon site. It was a bookmark with a yellow dragon's head, next to the blue and red dragon bookmark. So, the next book will have a yellow dragon on the front.
But that's not all...Watch the video on his site, but if you haven't read the second book, there will be spoilers on certain characters.
http://www.alagaesia.com/kvetha/
Now, I don't know about you guys, but this man is overselled as a writer in my opinion. I actually saw this coming.
The Yellow book is the Japanese cover for the second part of the second book. Yeah, they had to split it in two over there... Kinda like what he's doing right now.

To be honest, I don't think that the books are very good at all...
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Yay for resurrecting old topics!

I just started reading "Love in The Time Of Cholera" because if you havent noticed it is a movie that just came out. And being the big sap that I am I wanted to see the movie but I heard better things about the book so I went out to Barnes and Noble and bought it.

And so far (100 or so pages in) I am loving it! Which is funny because its so far from my normal reading material. Though it is the second translated book from Spanish that I've enjoyed. The first was "Blindness" by Jose Santiago.

This darn book is going to make me cry though. :lol:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

ravaged_warrior wrote:Right now I'm reading Isaac Asimov's I, Robot.
Is Will Smith a fan of that author? (I am Robot/I am Legend)
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

cumulusprotagonist wrote:
ravaged_warrior wrote:Right now I'm reading Isaac Asimov's I, Robot.
Is Will Smith a fan of that author? (I am Robot/I am Legend)
Ummmmm. I Am Legend was written by Richard MAtherson, not Isaac Azimov.
XIV
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Sebiale wrote:Are you referring to Monomyth, Aki?
If so, that pattern was originally described by Joseph Campbell in his 'The Hero with a Thousand faces' book. Technically there are seventeen stages to that; 3 Main stages, Seperation, Initiation, and Return, those three can be broken down into seventeen more, thougn not every Monomyth uses all the steps.
Another Monomyth is the Twelve Kingdoms series, written by Fuyumi Ono, only one book has been translated and sold in the U.S. so far though, it was also made into an anime.
Yeah, Campbell's pretty much where Lucas and Paolini got the pattern from. My lit. teacher calls it the "Hero's Journey" and breaks it into 8 steps, but it sounds essentially the same in the 3-Step Monolith form. It's a neat pattern.
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

WWz

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

I'm reading the book World War Z, it's an imagined first hand encounter oh the great zombie wars. lol you guys/ gals have got to check it out it's dark and funny, well funny only because it's not real. :lol:
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Re: WWz

Post by Silverclaw »

Blue-eyes in the dark wrote:I'm reading the book World War Z, it's an imagined first hand encounter oh the great zombie wars. lol you guys/ gals have got to check it out it's dark and funny, well funny only because it's not real. :lol:
Thats so weird; I was just looking at that book about 40 mins ago in the store. lol

I just finished "Rathas Creature" by Claire Bell. About intelligent, prehistoric cats :) I just bought the 2nd book of the series, so I'll proably either read that next, or "Fell", sequel to "The Sight". That ones about wolves :D
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary

Re: WWz

Silverclaw wrote:
Blue-eyes in the dark wrote:I'm reading the book World War Z, it's an imagined first hand encounter oh the great zombie wars. lol you guys/ gals have got to check it out it's dark and funny, well funny only because it's not real. :lol:
Thats so weird; I was just looking at that book about 40 mins ago in the store. lol

I just finished "Rathas Creature" by Claire Bell. About intelligent, prehistoric cats :) I just bought the 2nd book of the series, so I'll proably either read that next, or "Fell", sequel to "The Sight". That ones about wolves :D
Oh wait there's a sequel to "The Sight"? oh where can i find it to read and get over joyed to the point of passing from loss of breath and brain function? :lol:
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary

I could find the date of when it came out on the site. do you know when :?
Caine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Caine »

OMG!

A Song of Ice and Fire: A Game of Thrones

by George R.R. Martin

You must read this series! There is no reason not to. People call him the American Tolkien and he has every right to be called that.

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Song ... im_b_img_3
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary

Caine wrote:OMG!

A Song of Ice and Fire: A Game of Thrones

by George R.R. Martin

You must read this series! There is no reason not to. People call him the American Tolkien and he has every right to be called that.

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Song ... im_b_img_3
I've read em before but it takes me so long to read it i get bored and go to another book thus ly my new book WWz. :lol:
lone-wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Fursona Of Taras WolfMoon

Post by lone-wolf »

Hmm what have i been reading:

The Soddit By A.RRRRR Roberts
Dungeons And Dragons Core Rulebook 1
"The Wolf Is The Strength Of The Pack And The Pack Is The Strength Of The Wolf"
~~Rudyard Kipling
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary

oh and two of jack londons books "Whitefang" and "The Call of the Wild" those were a dream come true on my last birthday. :D
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

My official new favorite author is Charles DeLint. For those interested in werewolves (all of us), I suggest Wolf Moon. Currently I'm reading Spirits in the Wires. He's very good. He combines myths and magic and computers and "cousins" and faeries and dreamlands and street people. It's very interesting.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend