Why stop illegal immigration? How about drug resistant TB?!

The place for anything at all...
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Why stop illegal immigration? How about drug resistant TB?!

Post by MattSullivan »

Yes, there's a drug-resistant form of tuberculosis that came out of Mexico, and is especially prevalent among illegal immigrant communities in the US. We had more or less ERADICATED TB, but it's back in a more virulent form, and it festers in 3rd world countries, and now, it's on the march across the US. Today, they're looking to QUARANTINE people who may have been exposed to this bug on a plane.

Yes, the really horrible diseases FESTER in places where people are living like rats, 30 to a house. ( No, I'm not calling illegals RATS, that's just how themajority of them live ) The majority of cases have been illegals who were taken to the hospital ( for free treatment of course )

Now think about it, if the immigration bill that congress is proposing passes, the 12-20 million illegals will be allowed to bring in family members, causing a population SPIKE to what has been estimated as 120 MILLION PEOPLE in THE NEXT TEN YEARS! And wherever there are millions of low income unskilled laborers, disease usually festers. And don't even get me started how they have driven down wages, to the point where a majority of Americans have to work 2-3 jobs, and still don't make enough money to live on.

WE SIMPLY CANNOT AFFORD TO SUPPORT ALL THE OPPRESSED PEOPLE OF THE WORLD. Not anymore. Financially, it's slowly destroying the infrastructure of the country.

Ellis Island was America's main entry point for a reason. So we could keep the deathly ill from spreading disease into America. Now people are flooding over the border and bringing disease, drugs, and violence with them. Ask the inhabitants of any small border town and they'll tell you, crime has shot up to astonishing levels.

You can call me a racist or a right winger, or whatever, but we've seen what happens when a united country, with a united common language, is invaded and forced to co-habitate with a foreign culture that refuses to assimilate. You can deny it all you like, and pretend that people who opposes illegal immigration are bigots, but the point is, these are the circumstances that can lead to CIVIL WAR and an entire sub-population that wants to secede! ( Quebec anyone? )

So, anyone who disagrees with me, fine, whatever. Those who don't want to see our first world country turn into a squallid, mexico-like hellhole, contact your state officials ( Senators and congressmen ) and flood their offices with emails of complaint.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Illegal immigration wouldn't be such an issue if doing it legally wasn't such an utter pain in the a**. It needs a major overhaul.
Doberman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian

Post by Doberman »

Well, since they are here illegally, then that means they don't pay taxes right?

If so, then that's basically not fair to the billions that do pay.

Some come here and really make life dangerous for those around them.

When I was in Alabama, the police arrested over 5 illegal immgrants for drinking/driving, and assult.

Yes, american citizens do that here, but the illegal immgrants just multiply it.

No, I'm not saying everyone of them is bad.

Quite frankly, I have the impression that those of just some of the reason why so many want them go back to their own country.
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

Illegal immigrants come here and get free social services, like free medical...and they are here illegally. This causes taxes to rise.

And they don't pay taxes at all, while 20 to 30 percent of our paycheck is taken out for that.

It really isn't fair and that's why so many people have mixed feelings toward them.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Anook wrote:Illegal immigrants come here and get free social services, like free medical...and they are here illegally. This causes taxes to rise.

And they don't pay taxes at all, while 20 to 30 percent of our paycheck is taken out for that.

It really isn't fair and that's why so many people have mixed feelings toward them.
Yes, but that is balanced out by crap wages and being stuck in the gutter. That and I still think MAtt is saying the same things about the Mexicans as have been said about every other immigrant group coming to America.

And how exactly are they refusing to assimilate?

PS. Jesus christ, this thread is going to probably be closed and Mat Sullivan condemned as a racist.
XIV
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

Dreamer wrote: Yes, but that is balanced out by crap wages and being stuck in the gutter.
1 I don't know what living in the gutter and crappy wages has anything to do with this, so please explain.
2. You have to pay taxes its the law. Since they are living here and not paying taxes'; they are breaking the law.

And I don't think they are refusing to assimilate. I just learned in American History that its the Mexicans that want to assimilate, not the indians.
Last edited by Anook on Tue May 29, 2007 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Dreamer wrote:And how exactly are they refusing to assimilate?
I took that to mean "refuse to learn English".
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Well, I don't know any reason for them to refuse learning english. I don't think they'd refuse if they were offered to. Of course, I think the problem is that they are cutting down on "English as a second language" classes in the schools, so the kids can't learn it, and the adults don 't ahve much access to any places where they can learn English.
XIV
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Set wrote:
Dreamer wrote:And how exactly are they refusing to assimilate?
I took that to mean "refuse to learn English".
Its true, quite a few hispanics simply dont want to learn english, atleast not enough. Look at Miami, you have to know spanish or you wont get by there.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Z wrote:im not sure america could survive without the labour-obsessed men of mexico. from my experience doin community service and the like, the whites like to pretend they are working, the blacks do just wats required to get by, and the mexicans are the ones jumpin on every oppurtunity to get sum good ol hard labour work in (even when they are not even gettin paid o.O )

we might be TB-free if we ban illegal immigrants, but once we start swimming in our own s*** becuz nobodys around to pick it up, then we'll be breeding whole new diseases, and become a third world country regardless.

i personally have a thing against all bans that involve anything biological. based on our history, bans have only been political "band-aid" solutions to problems that shouldve involved "surgical" like approaches
but we've seen what happens when a united country, with a united common language, is invaded and forced to co-habitate with a foreign culture that refuses to assimilate.
im sure the indians are all too aware of that
I'm sure we'll be fine. My family is working-class white poeple. WE take care of all the landscaping work around here. There are plenty of hardworking people of all races, dude.

And, um, didn't anyone ever tell you that the native Americans... WERE NOT ONE COUNTRY. They were a fragmented wad of tribes, some of which had formed alliances with each other and other of which were deadly enemies. The south/central Americans were countries in their own right but they were different countries.

But yes, immigrants bring diseases.

ALL immigrants bring diseases.

The EUROPEANS brought diseases.

That's why we had Ellis island. Yes, it was often hell for the immigrants, but it prevented a lot of epidemics.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

It's not a matter of race. It's a matter of economics and protecting our way of life. We don't want this country yto become like India, or China, in the sense that we're so chock full of people that our health care systems get overwhelmed. In fact, because most illegal immigrants can't pay for emergency hospital services, several dozen hospitals in California ( where the immigration problem is out of control ) have had to shut down because they are overwhelmed with immigrants wanting free health care.

We already have half a billion people here. It's time to slow down.

You and I ( American citizens ) are feeling the pinch, in our paychecks and in public. And I'm not the only one. The majority oof Americans want to see this taken care of. You oughta hear some of the talk radio out here. People are getting FURIOUS! And in my job ( security guard ) I have to deal with immigrants every night who refuse to cooperate or even talk to me. ( because they refuse to learn English!

And yeah, refusal to assimilate means not speaking English in public, or waving a foreign flag instead of the American ( which really really really really irritates me.)

I'm not a "EUROPEAN AMERICAN". Screw Europe. ( with all due respect ) I take no pride in where my ancestors were born. I was adopted, and was raised NOT KNOWING where I came from, which made me love being an American more.

I'm American AMERICAN, plain and simple. I'm not going to go waving an Irish flag, or Dutch, or start dressing like a cherokee Indian, all of which I supposedly come from. I will wave the AMERICAN flag. If you wanna become an American, sure, never forget where you came from, but damn, don't try and make OUR country intoa mini-version of what you left. If you like that culture...STAY THERE! i won't be made to feel like a bad guy for trying to preserve our culture, which is first-rate. We have food, clean air, clean water...I don't want to see this place turn into an overcrowded slum.

It used to be you came to this country, you learned English. but the majority of hispanic/latino immigrants are not learning Engllish. It's actually quite offensive to me to hear someone speaking another language right in front of me. ( And I can speak quite a bit of Spanish! )

I know a Korean foreign exchange student. She came here 2 months ago. Her English was horrible. 2 months later, she can speak damn near fluent English. She did it, so don't tell me "it's too hard for latino immigrans"

You can't have a country within a country folks.

What makes us a powerful nation is a common uniting language. We can understand each other. When people start splitting off into their own little ethnic groups, you get civil war, or situatins like in Quebec where those french-canadians want to split off and form their own country. In fact, supporters of the current US immigration bill belong to several mexican HATE GROUPS, most of which advocate kicking every non-latino out of the southwest. It's not an immigration issue for them. it's just hate. In college, the guy int he dorm next to me was a member of one of those groups, and he was always spouting off about how "We're gonna take over and kill any white person we see on the street."

It's a far more serious problem than most people want to admit. Just look at what hgappens when huge immigrant populations start demanding rights that only serve them and their culture. Last year, in Paris, the muslim riots. Rather than working hard to find work, the young muslim immigrants rioted and burned cars....SEVEN TIMES LAST YEAR! There's no excuse for that.

BTW, I'm not racist. I know that with every fiber of my being, and I support LEGAL immigration where we know who's in our country. I made the hero of Camp Lycanthrope a latino for pity's sake. So don't anyone go accusing me of racism .
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Another thing, a large portion of immigrants to this country ARE illiterate, but that's in SPANISH We really can't accomodate thousands of unskilled laborers who can't even speak the language of their home contries for pity's sake.

Z, you sayyou wonder how the Indians feel about that. Well, i'm part native American ( though i look white, I'm supposedly 1/16 Cherokee. So my feelings don't matter here? Infact, most modern Americans come from ( in some part ) American indians. Just because a lot of us look really white doesn't mean we don't belong to this land...

And Dreamer, the only thing that's different about mexicans than other immigrants who come here, is that we are currntly hosting almost HALF OF THEIR POPULATION. The upper class in mexico are all too happy to see their poorest people forced to come north ( oops caps) so they dont have to deal with them. If it keeps up, we'll have all of Mexico's poorecst, unskilled residents living in the southwest.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Hispanics usually are just good at hard labor, when it comes to education alot of them are just lazy.
Im not saying that all hispanics are lazy when it comes to that, my freind for example whos cuban came here when he was twelve years old, and he picked up english in a snap! He can read and talk english as good as any American if not better. And guess what, hes parents cant, and now my freind has to translate for them and all their friends with no pay, and he has to help everyone with their taxes and bills and etc which makes me angry becuase those morons dont want to learn english. I always tell Rolando that all those people he helps translate all the time needs to go back to Cuba again and suffer some more to truly value what country they are living in right now.

Then there are the hispanics that I have noticed quite a bit (both east and west and especially south) who are trying to make the place they are living in now like there own country. Puerto Ricans and Cubans are mostly to blame for this since quite a few of them have a big ego.

Miami is chalk full of Cubans and its now consider as little havanna and hardly any of the hispanics there speaks english. My cubans friend told me that most of the cubans they know said that once Castro goes out of power and Cuba is better again, they will gladly go back there. Im not trying to be a racist, Im being literal, alot of hispanics alienate me out from there group because they say im such a white a boy (now thats racist)
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

Z wrote:funny how its only the people who have no friends or family who are illegal immigrants that find it easy to condemn them. so {censored} easy. kinda like the poachers who dont give a s*** about animals becuz they never had a pet in thier life. conveniently easy to turn down or inferiorize those you've never known on a personal level.

i ask everybody now, "what would u do if YOU where born in an underprivaleged country, and believed that america was your only hope? what would YOU do for yourself? for your family? your kids??"
yes Z but have you thought long term? wouldn't it be worse to run to america and ruin its culture, healthcare, etc. just for the short term that you might be making a little more money? instead of running to america why dont you take care of your own country and improve it yourself
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Look, dude, it's been well-documented. Without unity, a country will shatter.

Countries don't survive that.

As for family members thatare illegal immigrants? My grandmother is legally here, But you know what? She's been here 60 years, can't speak english, can't even freaking speak her native italian any more...

I mean, 60 years????

I get angry at her too.

We can't DEAL with all the world's poor and disposessed. I'm sorry, but our health care systems and our benefits are for american citizens.

We CAN'T deal with non-tax-payers taking jobs, taking up space and money, and taking up hospitals and bringing diseases.

We CAN deal with legal immigrants. Legal immigrants, come one and all. They pay taxes.

But you want to live in America? PAY YOUR DAMN TAXES.

I don't CARE where you come from; pay your taxes.

Plus, the dieases that run rampant through third-world countries are a very big danger.

Does anyone read history?

Remember the pandemic of 1918? It killed more people than WWI did.

And that was the FLU. Drug-resistant tuberculosis is much worse, and the conditions poor imigrants come here in are just cesspools of disease.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

Z wrote:
Lukas wrote:
Z wrote:funny how its only the people who have no friends or family who are illegal immigrants that find it easy to condemn them. so {censored} easy. kinda like the poachers who dont give a s*** about animals becuz they never had a pet in thier life. conveniently easy to turn down or inferiorize those you've never known on a personal level.

i ask everybody now, "what would u do if YOU where born in an underprivaleged country, and believed that america was your only hope? what would YOU do for yourself? for your family? your kids??"
yes Z but have you thought long term? wouldn't it be worse to run to america and ruin its culture, healthcare, etc. just for the short term that you might be making a little more money? instead of running to america why dont you take care of your own country and improve it yourself
becuz they CANT, the people literally have no power over thier country, thats why they run to the US, where they have a chance at making a
difference in thier lives.

---

im seeing the same thing here as i saw for the "pit bull problem": everybody is willing to judge an entire {censored} group based on the actions of a small percentage of its representatives. why? what about the huge percentage that has actually contributed to the nation, or has never done anything against her favor? well, they never make it to the media becuz they dont cause problems, thus we never hear about them, THUS WE FORGET THEY EXIST. imagine if we treated everything this way? why dont we just ban all low-income people just because we know that some of them rob stores? or why dont we ban all middle eastern people since you never know which one might be a terrorist? or lets get rid of all the cars in the world so people will stop having car accidents???? my opinion: banning should be banned.
the people "CAN' change there country, running away to another country won't solve there problems, and wiether its minority or majority these immegration IS A PROBLEM, how about this, lets let all the people go into your house Z, accordoing to your views we cant stop them, so all the rapist, robbers, good people, and complete strangers can just walk into your home, we cant stop them tho, because that would be banning them from your home which is against your ideals
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Seriously dude. Do you really want to see another 120 million people come into this country in the next TEN YEARS? Because that's basically what will happen if the immigration bill passes in its present form.

I illegal immigrant from mexico is bound to have an extended family ( in some cases, REALLY EXTENDED ) and if he ( among others ) bring that family to America, then my GOD, we'll see a population explosion that will overwhelm our ability to support the country's in frastructure.

Man, and I thought traffic was bad now...
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Z wrote:
Lukas wrote: the people "CAN' change there country, running away to another country won't solve there problems, and wiether its minority or majority these immegration IS A PROBLEM, how about this, lets let all the people go into your house Z, accordoing to your views we cant stop them, so all the rapist, robbers, good people, and complete strangers can just walk into your home, we cant stop them tho, because that would be banning them from your home which is against your ideals
if i owned a house, i would always keep the door open for people who genuinely needed a place to stay. why? for all the times i myself needed a place to stay, and people i hardly knew, opened thier doors for me.
The difference is, with America, you've got fifty-something people flooding through that open door. Maybe some are considerate, but a lot of them are the eat-you-out-of-house-and-home type. And America's already got big debts, things that are sucking the life out of the nation economically.

We really, really do not need this kind of s*** right now. We might just lose that 'house' and everyone will be back to square one.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Z wrote:
I'd work to make my home country better..... let it be know that what they are doing is taking the easy way out. They don't want to work with their government to make their nation something worth fighting for. They just get up and leave, the english did it when King John was not ruling for the people, why can't the mexicans?
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

But revolution and changing your country is not your priority when you can't feed your family.

Haven't you heard of the hirearchy of needs?

Also, I was wondering Set, why is legal immigration so hard?
XIV
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

The hierarchy of needs is something that ......i can't remember his name right now....came up with to explain human psycology, and by his standards....the people would be rioting in the streets, not hoping borders....because he believed that lack of the needs would cause fluctuating emotions, most likely resulting in extreme anger
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Dreamer wrote:Also, I was wondering Set, why is legal immigration so hard?
A lot of red tape, a lot of bullshit, they make it so drawn out and rediculously frustrating people won't bother to do it.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

So howcome nobody is pushing for reform of that system. That and trying to help stop poverty in Mexico would go a long way to helping stop this illegal immigration
XIV
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

The politicians in Mexico aren't looking for change. The more poor people they can push out of the country, and into our laps, the more votes they get from the financially elite there. And of course, everry time Americans move to do something about getting the border secured or enforcing our laws, the mexican government throws a hissyfit.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

They do....the thing is if the president wanted to he could become the most unpopular person in america....and give them all amnesty with the sign of a pen....Jimmy Carter did it with people who avaided the vietnam draft. it's in the president's power to do so. I personally don't like his new bill to deal with them....i find it unhelpful and sorta retarded. it has nothing to do with fixing the problems it would just create more. So... I find that I'am more and more leaning toward the republican side of the thing cause I almost got fired today cause some illegal mexican worker I work with lied to my boss because he felt that I was taking away from his money.....I mean my god how retarded. But I argued my way out of it and everything is fine yay!

-Satyricon