Dangers of this world, Do you feel truly safe?

The place for anything at all...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Dangers of this world, Do you feel truly safe?

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

DO YOU? Do you live where it's dangerous? I know every place has it's dangers, some worst than others..sadly enough..

Check this out then read below.. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15475741/?GT1=8618

Right now I not sitting in a chair at my compy..I'm sitting on the floor my heart racing, myself trembling..I hear gunshots, I hear a helicopter flying overhead circling several times now...I am scared s*** right now!! I can feel my eyes burning as if I want to cry..I live in one of the most dangerous cities in the world. It topped number 2 under detriot where ALL of my family lives..I'm scared..I wish I wasn't here..Why does my family have to live in the most dangerous spots on the map?..I wish I had the money to get up an leave...Even now the helicopter is circling around..Still..It's certainly not the cheapest place to leave I'll tell you that..I am going to make it to my room an pray a stray bullet doen't come through here..I feel like my family just screwed itself over an now no one wants to move an they want me to stay!! I swear if I can move outta here soon I will an somewhere like in the middle of the wilderness..I hate it here..

Anyways I remember hearing that on the news an after tonight an what I'm still hearing out side..I can't help but wonder. This chart here says different, but I personally been hearing about Missouri for some time an Detriot..*Heavy sigh* Always something to worry about... Here's the chart I spoke of: http://www.factmonster.com/toptens/dangerousstates.html

Here's another one I ran across too...This has info about different Most dangerous whatnot: http://www.infoplease.com/toptens/topten-archive.html

I get to thinking about Z' Thread she made.. "The Thought That Constantly Plagues My Mind" Is mans reason to exsist to destroy each other..Need I mention wat happened recently with the shooting an the September 11th event? it's almost like we are destined to destroy each other..I personally don't like the idea of wars an homicide an Mass murders an natural disaters. Why do we have them anyways? It takes peoples lives every time whether it's few or many lives it happens, but why? I can understand the change in weather, but why earthquakes? Why things that can cause so much damage to the earth? How many more cracks can the earth take till somehow it breaks apart? or sinks into the oceans itself? The moon even has quakes. Why though? No man lives there..Will the moon break apart an if so, will we be the first to feel it's destructive power?

Dinosaurs died out, though it was millions of years ago, so millions of years later we could too, but the hand of our fellow human..All these scientist out there making their theories an wat not are prollie no where near close to figuring out this world an all it's entirety..It's frusterating how so little is known still I dunno I just never have personally felt safe here..I always wished there was another dimension where there is peace an who know there prollie is..:(
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

I actually do feel pretty safe in this world. Irvine is...I think the 7th safest city in the United States. (We were number 1 for a few years...but dropped to 7 recently.) In fact, the Irvine Police are so bored and in need of stuff to do, they send half the force just to ticket some guy on a bike without a helmet. It's quite funny. Irvine is in a bubble.

So if you need a safe city to live in, Irvine in California is the place to go. (It's on the coast too! Sort of...30 minutes away?)

Hah! I should work in advertising.
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

i dont really feel safe, but i never feel threatend either. i just dont think about it, dont worry. tis pointless to worry and fear about things you cant change. just makes life misrible
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I recently found out that september 9/11 attack was for the most part set up by our own government. Search for "loose change" and watch the video.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

You just learned about that? Ooooh fun fun to be you. What you saw isn't terribly astonishing - once you start putting the pieces together, you never stop. One reason why the illusion of Safety hasn't been much of my concern for a long, long time. I'll live while I live, and when I die, I die.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Well I knew the government was involved, but I didnt know they set the whole thing up. And amlost a year after september 11, after watching the bulding collapsed I thought it was strange the way it fell like it did. It seemed like a proffesional demolishing a building.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I don't always feel safe, no.

I am a suspicious person. I've seen violence out and about. I am lucky to live where it's far safer than say, Kenya, and New York, but there are idiots and violent people and rapists here too. I don't walk out after dark. I am on constant alert and watch how I look at people when I am out. I carry an alarm sometimes. I'm not a big girl at all. Even if I knew some moves, I don't fool myself into thinking I can beat a man up.

Sometimes I think my leather jacket and 80's music type clothing draws too many rough looks. I'm such a gentle person underneath and I'm small enough that they don't perceive me as any threat, but I still get looks and yells and even sneers, although I also get a lot of awesome people talking to me "Hey I saw Zeppelin live ..." "I jammed with Pink Floyd" "I saw them live when they were together..." "I met that guy backstage". (I digress).

I am always, always polite to others. Knowing people around your area for being polite and friendly (Despite the fact I am shy, I always help elderly people and chat to them especially).

Otherwise, I keep my bloody ears pricked and my bloody eyes open at all times!! I am careful where I put my money. My brother and his mates were mugged twice at night just around where I live.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Ha...my state made the top ten, why am I not surprised.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Set wrote:Ha...my state made the top ten, why am I not surprised.
Not mine! :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

I feel safe, I am in a small town in Ontario where the worst that could happen is someone TRYING to egg your house(seriously, they missed my house)

as for the reason why there must be violence? peace... yes, without violence there cannot be peace, without peace there cannot be violence, if a man has peace, what does he want more then anything else? more peace, and the only way they can think of is to kill anyone who does not like that peace and tries to destroy it, therefore making themselves hypocrites.

I sure hope you move out of there, I would not like it if anyone of the pack members were to die, you are all like family to me ^_^
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

Shadow Wulf wrote:I recently found out that september 9/11 attack was for the most part set up by our own government. Search for "loose change" and watch the video.
My parents had friends that DIED that day. I would appreciate it if you didn't blame the deaths of three thousand some people on a government, that most likely had absolutely nothing to do with it.
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

i hear that..people are just out to get even with the thing that plauges them. and that is sometimes people.
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

The notion that the United States Government was responsible is absolutely absurd.

I can't believe you two actually believe that. There are Evil people in Office...but far too many good ones working around them as well for such an act to ever occur INTENTIONALLY by the actions of the Government itself.

...I'll have to take a look at this "Proof" of yours to see what you are talking about, but I'm not expecting it to be very convincing.

...some people are just too eager to hate and/or seek fault in anyone and everyone who is in an authority position above themselves...be them school teachers, parents, police officers or government officials.

Yes, some of them ARE that bad...but the whole damn government is not out to get us...wake up and RELAX already. Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

vuldari, u r awesome.

everyone esle.... plz....
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Searif Bogard wrote:I feel safe, I am in a small town in Ontario where the worst that could happen is someone TRYING to egg your house(seriously, they missed my house)
:lol: Thats hilarious.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Guys, if you're going to argue about whether or not the government is evil, it might be best to start another topic for it.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I erased my last post.
Image Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

The biggest threats I worry about are more common and basic. I'm less afraid of terrorists, atomic bombs, and government conspiracies, and more afraid of auto accidents, natural disasters, and muggings. I know, I need to be concerned about the scope of larger things, and I am. I'm the first to rant about inaction against global warming. (I do have skepticism regarding the conspiracy theory that the Bush Administration arranged for the September 11th attacks to happen. They've done a lot of crappy things afterwards, but that doesn't make them responsible for the catalyst. I see their abuses such as the Patriot Act and the Iraq War as deeds of opportunity.) But, in terms of probabilities and statistics, my single greatest danger is getting smacked by a truck, and in the long term, the biggest threat is diseases such as diabetes or a heart attack, so I'm more afraid of the ice cream I ate an hour ago than I am of Dick Chaney and his minions lurking in the bushes as far as my personal safety is concerned.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Set wrote:Guys, if you're going to argue about whether or not the government is evil, it might be best to start another topic for it.
No worries...I said everything I had to say.

On topic...I don't feel particularly threatened where I am. I am in a nice town, a block away from the local Police Station/Fire Station/ City Hall, in the Middle of the Continent far away from any significant danger of foreign intrusion.

Sure...we have a little problem with break-ins and robberies at the moment, but I don't sweat about it too much. I never feel any reason to think twice about going out alone at night, unarmed, whenever I feel like it.

This is a nice peaceful town. My chances of being mugged are pretty slim.

I feel very safe.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:Anyways I remember hearing that on the news an after tonight an what I'm still hearing out side..I can't help but wonder. This chart here says different, but I personally been hearing about Missouri for some time an Detriot..*Heavy sigh* Always something to worry about... Here's the chart I spoke of: http://www.factmonster.com/toptens/dangerousstates.html
Ah crap. New Mexico is in the top three. :o

It makes me wonder if they are taking into account the small population of New Mexico. There are more people in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex than in the entire state of New Mexico.

Then again, my car WAS vandilized twice during the first year after I moved here.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

Would succesfully preaching a message of tolerance raise the terrosist level of an area...?
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

s***, number 10... Whatever, I live in a good neighborhood... And a bad one (probably won't explain later, but there is a good explanation), but whatever, there's a gate.

I'm a bit worried about the people here, though... I mean Loose Change? Seriously?
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Wulfur »

yepee Number 7. good thing I live out side of the citys
One only knows that of which they allow themselves to know.
( http://wulfur.deviantart.com/ )
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

Great! My city isn't on that list. :D

But, that still doesn't mean nothing could happen..
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Wulfur wrote:yepee Number 7. good thing I live out side of the citys
Lucky number sleven! 8) I guess we have the best of the most dangerous states on earth.
Image Image