How New Werewolves walk

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

<--14#

I do it when going upstairs in my house, but no where else. Still do it though.

Mainly because i can go slow and stealthily, and then leapt off the last step to surprise whomevers upstairs. :evil:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Yet another sign we're all bonkers

Post by Scott Gardener »

The vertical climb compensates for the leg length discrepancy--that is, human legs are longer than human arms by quite a bit. If one tries as a human to stand in a usual wolf posture, one's hiney sticks up way in the air. Doubly stupid-looking without a tail. With more effort, the "push-up position" sort-of mimics natural lupine posture. But, when going up an incline, the long legs balance out, and you're on level ground.

So, it's only natural that many of us would give it a try. Still, it's funny just how many traits therians and werewolf fans have in common.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

I'm not sure what # you guys are up to, but you can count me in the walking on all fours upstairs thing. I actually can do it on flat surfaces as well, and am quite good at it! ;) Of course, I'm only really good at Walk and Gallop/Canter. Trot is really hard to do!!!! I've never tried pace, though... hmmmmm

lol, too much info perhaps.

~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Wow. I can never do it on flat surfaces. I've tried many a-times and I've always managed to fall flat on my muzzle. :o Maybe because my posture is wrong or something?
Rogue_A
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Der amerikanische Steppenwolf

Post by Rogue_A »

Yeah, I did the "running up stairs on fours" thing that like, everybody else here has done. Well, when I actually lived in an apartment that had stairs.....now...it's all one floor so I can't do that anymore.

Walking on all fours on flat land....not really. My balance and the strength I actually have on my lower legs when I'm crouching or on my knees....really, really, crummy, yup.
"In fear I hurried this way and that. I had the taste of blood and chocolate in my mouth, the one as hateful as the other."-Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stupid Girl

Post by Raina The Werewolf Queen »

The way I see it is that werewolves for most of the part walk on 4 legs. But When they need to they are capable of walking onto legs for short distances.
SEDUCTIVE AND DESTRUCTIVE

I WANT MY ANTHONY BROWNRIGG PLUSHIE RIGHT NOW !!!!!!
JonathanBaine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JonathanBaine »

I would think it would vary between the sexes. Women have better balance because they wear high heals. They guys...well....it's a good laugh when you get to see a new pack member, trying to stand. He'd be wobbling around and fall on his back, spraining his tail. Haha! I can see it now! :dunce: :lol:
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Yes I imagine that a newly transformed werewolf will need some time to adjust to little things like a slightly different center of gravity, running on all fours, and running on tippy-toes.

Though I imagine that it comes naturally to an extent so after a few days they'd probably be just fine.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

WolvenOne wrote:Yes I imagine that a newly transformed werewolf will need some time to adjust to little things like a slightly different center of gravity, running on all fours, and running on tippy-toes.

Though I imagine that it comes naturally to an extent so after a few days they'd probably be just fine.

ahem

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... =3143#3143
JonathanBaine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JonathanBaine »

:D Hey, I do anything to be around for the first change. Imagine how funny it would be when the new guy is slipping and sliding. Surely, there would be a lot of laughs going around.

:lol: (points and laughs) :lol:-> -> -> :cry:

"Hey Figarou! You get the duckies for throwing and I'll get the bells!"
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary

Well wolves are know for communicating with body launguage. I would asume that as a werewolf there would be some telapathic powers.

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Raina The Werewolf Queen wrote:Well wolves are know for communicating with body launguage. I would asume that as a werewolf there would be some telapathic powers.
Humans communicate with Body language too.

...how does that lead you to assume Werewolves woud be able to communicate "telepathicly"? ...That is a whole different realm of science fiction...

(Plus, I just don't like that idea. ... Telepathic Werewolves?!...Image )
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary

Well werewolves ar scifi to hun. And if Werewoves can be real why cant they have telapathic powers to one another

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Raina The Werewolf Queen wrote:Well werewolves ar scifi to hun. And if Werewoves can be real why cant they have telapathic powers to one another
Why don't we just give them the ability to fly, throw fireballs from thier hands and make the ground tremble when they get angry like DBZ?
...because that would not make any sense...that's why.

When you are throwing out the normal restraints of reality, then YES, anything is possible...but WHY would it be natural to assume that Werwolves would have telepathic abilities? Image

...sure, it would be useful (assuming that werewolves can not speak to each other like humans while in wolven forms), but then, so would telekenisis (the ability to move objects with ones mind), and yet I think you would agree that it would not make any sense to give werewolves that ability either.

...Unless the werewolves exist in a fantasy/sci-fi universe where those kinds of things are common (As in many RPG's such as the WhiteWolf games...) Then that would be cool. Image
Last edited by Vuldari on Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Raina The Werewolf Queen wrote:Well werewolves ar scifi to hun. And if Werewoves can be real why cant they have telapathic powers to one another
While it's true they certainly could have said telepathic powers, being that they are imaginary creatures and all, I think that most people will dislike the idea in general unless there is some sort of reasoning or logic behind it. It's one thing to make one or two concessions in the interest of fantasy, but another thing entirely to throw out the whole book.

To state it another way: people are willing to undergo a certain amount of suspension of disbelief, but, as with most things, there is a point of diminishing returns. At this point, people will become less and less likely to suspend their disbelief until it becomes impossible for them to immerse themselves in the world you're describing to them.

Sure, someone might entertain themselves with the idea of real-life lycanthropy, or on a seperate occasion envision a world where telepathy exists, but a world that combines the two frivolously will interest a markedly smaller crowd. Most will view this as illogical and nonsensical unless the work takes an increasingly extra effort to introduce the ideas in a believable manner.

Most people enjoy a dose of fantasy, but few will tolerate drowning in it.

-- Vilkacis
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary

thats not what I ment. I mean that they can communicate to each other. You are blowing my reply way out of preportion.

Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Vuldari wrote:telekenisis (the ability to move objects with ones mind)
"If you believe in telekinesis, raise my hand."

I don't remember who said that, but I've always thought it a quote to remember.

-- Vilkacis
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary

argghhh Just forget I posted. I don't want to get into a huge debate. Its not my way. I only ment that. Its only my little thought. Dont get to into it.

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Raina The Werewolf Queen wrote:thats not what I ment. I mean that they can communicate to each other. You are blowing my reply way out of preportion.
I know what "Telepathy" means.

I agree that such an ability would make communication between werewolves much easier...but I just don't see how it would be logical for them to have such an ability. It is not natural. Neither Humans nor Wolves (or any other creature in the known universe) posses such an ability to communicate using any sort of telepathy. As Vilkacis said...it would overextend the audiences "suspension of disbelief".

=^.^'= ~
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Raina The Werewolf Queen wrote:argghhh Just forget I posted. I don't want to get into a huge debate. Its not my way. I only ment that. Its only my little thought. Dont get to into it.
It's just... fresh meat, I guess. You brought up a topic that I don't think has really been discussed around here yet. Please don't take it personally if we rip it to shreads.

You may not want a huge debate, but a lot of us enjoy exactly that.

-- Vilkacis
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Raina The Werewolf Queen wrote:argghhh Just forget I posted. I don't want to get into a huge debate. Its not my way. I only ment that. Its only my little thought. Dont get to into it.
Sorry about the harsh, snappy responses.

Honestly...it is not the suggestion, but the way you phrased it.
Raina The Werewolf Queen wrote:Well wolves are know for communicating with body launguage. I would asume that as a werewolf there would be some telapathic powers.
By saying that you "assume" that werewolves would have telepathic abilities, you suggested that this was a natural, LOGICAL assumption. As it turns out, that possibility is very ILLOGICAL to most of the rest of us, and therefore it is your perpective of LOGIC and ASSUMPTION that was being challenged, more than the suggestion itself.

That is an interesting possibility, and would solve alot of problems for vocally restrained werewolves. In another story, another time perhaps, the suggestion of telepathic werewolves might be more warmly and openly recieved. However, for the purposes of the film "Feeborn", telepathy would be one supernatural power too many, I think.

Don't take it the wrong way. It's not a bad idea...it just does not fit with the vision and setting of this film.

=^.^'= ~
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary

Well I dont hold grudges. So I will just exclude myself from this topic. I have spoke my mind and so have you.

WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

When it comes to communication, werewolves are likely to use a makeshift language, most likely made up of a combination of body motion, scent, hand signs, and the limited vocal range they'd be capable of.

An example of this would be making this "you're out" motion and making a "Kah," sound to indicate to another werewolf to "go back to the car."
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

If they did communicate with telepathy, it could be Homeward Bound style :) Love that Sassy, Chance and Shadow :D Humans just cant understand animal speak*shakes head*
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary

Hey I have seen that. I love that white dog. SOOOOO spunky. SOOOO cute