The place for anything at all...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

News report on wolves

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2144121

This is intersting..But I have heard this and read it before..It's not getting any better :(
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

This is disgusting!!! :x

Its their fault in the first place. They moved into the wolves territory.
Plus, when food is scarse, wolves can't help but be tempted to take a cow or two.
People shouldn't hunt them at all.

They are going to controll the population, by allowing limited hunting!?
They can't contoll how many or how often people hunt.
If a hunter wants to kill a wolf, then they will.

I didn't even watch the rest of the video. I couldn't, it hurt and
angered me too much.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

They can't contoll how many or how often people hunt.
They can control with seasons and limits how many can be taken legally, and when. Same as any other animal.
If a hunter wants to kill a wolf, then they will.
In that case, why does it matter to you if it is legal or not?
"Don't mind the blood here; welcome to the slaughterhouse!"
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

i cant find the video
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

It's after the ad.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

The thing is why do they always resort to killing them? It has been said that wolves should be relocated, but also they know it's costly to do so and point an shoot is easier ad more cost efficient..

A never ending struggles for wolf lovers and people who want to see the wolf live and especially the wolf themself :(
Last edited by Teh_DarkJokerWolf on Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

Who is supposed to pay for relocation? The people who want it obviously can't afford it, or aren't willing/trying to have it done at their expense.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

That's exactly what I'm saying here. It's expensive and even more difficult with gas prices and money raising up on just about everything. Believe me I know about the expenses in that.

People can donate alot of money and it still probably wouldn't be enough and people who hate wolves that bad will push the issue to kill even more which unfortuantlly I think there are more people who hate them than love them..

The thing is these people know the dangers and they move right into wolf territory and expect the wolf to just cope..I can't blame the wolf for wondering onto the land, they don't know and for all they know the cattle is just a new food source just like the deer, caribou and Moose they kill. They probably all look the same to a wolf.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Pardon the expression but that just Pisses me off.................people absoultly fu*king disgust me :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

These people also don't realize that the wolf population will balance it self out depending on how much food is around... if there is a lot of food the population will grow, if food is scarce the population will go down... they instinctively create an equalibrium with it's surroundings... so if you give them a while they'll adapt and not be such a problem... but if you keep killing them.. they're going to want to replace those kill and start multiplying...

So personally.. I think these ranchers are just going to have to take one for the team... and shut their traps about this... you can't blame a starving animal for wanting to feed... and it's not like 5 or 6 cows a year makes a huge difference...

And besides, wolves were there first...
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

And besides, wolves were there first.......

and they will continue to be there long after............... :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

*Sighs*

Sorry, about my above post you guys.
Got a little carried away there for a sec and probably said things, that didn't make any since. (I sould post a commet at 6:oo A.M anymore>

I just wish this never ending battle would end.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: On the scotch tape of reality, third door to the left.

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

Stone Wolf wrote:I think these ranchers are just going to have to take one for the team... and shut their traps about this... you can't blame a starving animal for wanting to feed... and it's not like 5 or 6 cows a year makes a huge difference...

Not to be a stickler nor to cause insult, but do you know how much a single cow costs? Here, you usually cannot find cattle under a $1,000, and a single bull averagely runs the gauntlet up to $5000. When sold to distributors, beef usually sells at $91 per hundred pounds per cow.

So calculate that into five/six killed, that certainly adds up. Ranching is these men's lifeblood, and losing their cattle damages their livelihood.

Therefore, five or six cows killed do make a difference.

Again, I do not mean this as an insult, but merely pointing out that it does more damage than you realize.
Last edited by Ashkin-Tyr on Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Wolves, don't go for a healthy cow, they keep the species strong, they would never go after a bull
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

But yet, a single cow can yield about a profit of $819. Times that by five or six.

Also, if you're in the beef business you wouldn't keep an unhealthy cow.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

The world Is too money orented. Fu*k currency, Fu*k profit, Fu*k the economy and Fu*k the human race! I say that without money there would be no crime, look at the so called "American Dream" most people can barely afford to live in a roach infested hell hole! These people work their A$$es off and for what? They get abandoned by the system, they get evicted from their homes, and they die because they can't afford hospital treatment! All money does is cause pain and hardship for most while greedy bastards in washington wipe their A$$es with hundred dollar bills! :x
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf of Quinault

Post by Cavman »

Did any happen to notice that the rancher they were interveiwing in that was a MODERATE. He didn't want the wolves hunted to extinction again.
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

Fang, I see I must have offended you. But please, do not try to make me out to be a villain-- I am merely weighing in the opposite side of the spectrum. It is better to be observant of both sides than to be ignorant of the entire picture. I merely wanted to point out that there is in fact another side to this dilemma, and the reasons why people feel, even if wrongly, the way they feel.

It is unfortunate that modern society is too overwhelmed in the materialized culture. I, too, wish for that to end. However, it will certainly not end anytime in the future I am afraid.

I can certainly see why you are angered, but please do not associate me as a bad person as it seems you have done in the previous post. And I'm sorry if I came off that way to you.
Last edited by Ashkin-Tyr on Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Is it me, or is money always part of the problem? The farmers only care about the cows becuase of the money they bring in. I swear money is the root of all evil. :x

But then again, the only way to live in this crazy world of ours, is to make money, even at the expense of others. *Sigh*
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

BlackWolfDS wrote:Is it me, or is money always part of the problem? The farmers only care about the cows becuase of the money they bring in. I swear money is the root of all evil. :x

But then again, the only way to live in this crazy world of ours, is to make money, even at the expense of others. *Sigh*
It usually depends on the size of the farm. A large farm, yes, they tend to think of their animals in an impersonal fashion and more of a cash crop. However, the small farmers usually think of their livestock more of an extended family.
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Ashkin-Tyr wrote: It usually depends on the size of the farm. A large farm, yes, they tend to think of their animals in an impersonal fashion and more of a cash crop. However, the small farmers usually think of their livestock more of an extended family.
I was refering to the large business farms. But since we are the typic of the types of farms I have to ask (even though it maybe a stupid question): Who wants the wolves gone more? The Business farmers or the Small farmers?
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf of Quinault

Post by Cavman »

BlackWolfDS wrote: Who wants the wolves gone more? The Business farmers or the Small farmers?
I would beleive big buisness would want them gone more. Big Buisness sees them as a threat, and wants them eliminated. Small Family farms would probably not mind them unless the wolves bothered them first. Big Buisness only cares for money, and if there is threat to them making more, theywill eliminate it.

Personaly, I'm with the moderates on this. Limited legal hunting. When humas move into an are, WE tend to replace things.We replace herbivors with our live stock, and predators with ourselves.
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Cavman wrote: Personaly, I'm with the moderates on this. Limited legal hunting. When humas move into an are, WE tend to replace things.We replace herbivors with our live stock, and predators with ourselves.
I don't think killing is the greatest way to go. Wolves are endangered, are they not? And instead of killing off the wolves in the "over populated area", I think they should be relocated to other places where the wolves have been wiped out. I know, I know, relocating is expensive, but it would stop the decline of the wolf population and it would save the farmer's money...er i mean cows from hungary wolves.
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

Oh, you meant only big farms. Excuse my misconception.

I can certainly see small farmers getting angrier because they have a smaller budget and the killed livestock was more of a family member. While the big corporate bigwigs could probably write it off as a loss as they generate more than enough profit to cover the lost beef cow (look, money again).

It would most likely be the small farmers who view the wolf in a harsher sense. But it would be stretching it to say they would want the wolf population gone completely.

As Cavman mentioned big business does care more about the money, so I can't eliminate them from wanting wolves gone. To what extent, I cannot exactly say.

Like Cavman also mentioned, small farmers generally do not mind wolves as long as they do not attack their herd.
Last edited by Ashkin-Tyr on Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Protoba
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: He Likes You

Post by Protoba »

Of wolf and man

Only one thing in mind

One wants food

the other

Land
Retire to a bed close by.