Origins

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Kwipper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werebear Extroidnare
Mood: Happy

Post by Kwipper »

I know the truth behind where werebeings came from. It's the alien theory.

See... a race of sentient yellow rubber duckies came upon earth when humanity was first starting out and the race of sentient beings said. "We need something to keep the humans in check. To keep them from overpopulating the earth" and so they observed the humans fighting animals. So they abducted a few humans and gave them animal DNA through their rubber duckie alien power. The merge was a success and these humans had the ability to shapechange into their animal alter-egos.

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY RUBBER DUCKIE ALIENS! FOR THEY ARE OUR GOD!

=D

P.S. Yes... I am insane.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

*Bows down to rubber ducky*

Now how long did it take for you to come up with that? :D

I beleive that a hot pockets factory blew up and all us hotpocket lovers, such as me, got so frustraited and mulnutritions that we ran into the streets in a riot. The police then decided we were to much to handle and let some mad dogs out, while one was a wolf. The hot pocket lovers were so hungry they tried to eat the wolf and managed to get some of the wolf's DNA. Thus they turned into weres.

-OR-

One day a spider bit a wolf while it wasn't looking. (wolfspider) Later on in a feild a group of llamas were sleeping. As they slept the spider crawled into the mouth of a llama. Some people came to see the llamas but touched his tushi and the llama spat at the person. Giving the wolf DNA, which was given from the spider from the wolf, into the person.

Etheir way llamas shall spit and hot pockets shall rule. :D
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

What? i thought it was obvious that a brick o a spring on wheels gave us this gift! you're all crazy.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Yip!

Post by Scott Gardener »

Whoah!

I just saw a spoiler! (And, I don't mean the thing on the back of an overly souped up Toyota Celica GT...

Anyway...

Lycanthropy began as a molecular viral scam from Nigeria. You can reduce your chances of getting it by making sure your firewall is on and your antivirus definitions are kept up to date.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Yip!

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:Whoah!

I just saw a spoiler! (And, I don't mean the thing on the back of an overly souped up Toyota Celica GT...

Odd. I thought those were called wings. And the thing below the front bumper was the spoiler. Eh. No matter.

Scott Gardener wrote:Anyway...

Lycanthropy began as a molecular viral scam from Nigeria. You can reduce your chances of getting it by making sure your firewall is on and your antivirus definitions are kept up to date.

Heh, how much you wanna bet someone will post.......
*turns off firewall and antivirus*

"I wanna catch Lycanthropy!!!"
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Say Wha....? Image Image

...and, of course, werewolves came from ...ummm...

Nope. ...can't think of anything clever. Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:

Say Wha....? Image Image
this spoiler

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... =9898#9898
(shrug) It didn't really come with an instruction manual, so I cant tell you. Sure we all have our theories, and I can buy some more than others. But ultimately I like to think it doesnt matter where we came from as long as we know where we're going. "
- Jack
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:

Say Wha....? Image Image
this spoiler

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... =9898#9898
(shrug) It didn't really come with an instruction manual, so I cant tell you. Sure we all have our theories, and I can buy some more than others. But ultimately I like to think it doesnt matter where we came from as long as we know where we're going. "
- Jack
Well yeah, I've seen that, plus everything in Silvers corner and just about anything ABrownrigg says. Well...spoilers are fun. Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote: Well...spoilers are fun. Image

And they reduce air drag. :D
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:

Actually, they CREATE Drag. Their purpose is to use the drag to push the car down and stick to the road better at high speeds. (Otherwise, fast cars have a tendency to go "Airborne" at 150+MPH.)

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:

Actually, they CREATE Drag. Their purpose is to use the drag to push the car down and stick to the road better at high speeds. (Otherwise, fast cars have a tendency to go "Airborne" at 150+MPH.)
what a drag. :D
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

*Turns off firewall*

You caught us there Fig! but ofcource I bet it was because you were turning off your firewall to.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:*Turns off firewall*

You caught us there Fig! but ofcource I bet it was because you were turning off your firewall to.

Ok, your firewall is off. Now how are you going to get the PC to bite you?

Oh wait...these files are messured in bytes.

"Ok computer....Megabyte me!!" :lol:
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

:lol:
mielikkishunt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by mielikkishunt »

Scott Gardener wrote:The origin kind of depends on the genre approach you're taking.

Good points, Scott.

My 'were's' powers comes from their Goddess, but it's not all fun and games. They're the protector of their tribes, the hunters, and it falls upon their shoulders a lot of the responsibilities. It's also a genetic condition, ya can't catch it from a bite.

Another family of were's i've tiddled around with writing about, it is also genetic, but a mutation from way back when, and they are humans. It also can not pass on from a bite. . :)
Lt Com Kyr

Could someone explain why my Russian Wolfhound only eats my WereWolf Books?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

mielikkishunt wrote:
Scott Gardener wrote:The origin kind of depends on the genre approach you're taking.

Good points, Scott.

My 'were's' powers comes from their Goddess, but it's not all fun and games. They're the protector of their tribes, the hunters, and it falls upon their shoulders a lot of the responsibilities. It's also a genetic condition, ya can't catch it from a bite.

Another family of were's i've tiddled around with writing about, it is also genetic, but a mutation from way back when, and they are humans. It also can not pass on from a bite. . :)
You know...it's odd...

Whenever I have written stories that involved Werwolves, or werewolf-like creatures, I have never had them be contagious either.

In two short stories I wrote, ( or "began" to write...as I never finished any of them), the "condition" was induced by magic as a Curse/Punishment that the person had to learn to deal with, another involved a mis-performed ritual, and another was a perk that someone gained as part of reaching a certain stage of enlightenment and strength (martial arts, kung-fu magic).

...but I've never really desired to write about werewolves that "pass-on" their gift by any sort of contagion. From a story/plot point of view, it is too frustrating to have a kick-A** shapeshifter who cant even scratch anyone without making more werewolves.

You are left with three possible scenarios.
1-the Werewolf is a pacifist and won't bite/scratch anyone.
2-the Werewolf is a mass murderer and KILLS anyone it happens to come in conflict with.
3- there will be lot's and lot's of werewolves by the end of the story.
(If everyone is a Werewolf, then being one ceases to be special. Image)

...it really is a troublesome scenario to work with...

=^.^'= ~
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Vuldari wrote:
mielikkishunt wrote:

Good points, Scott.

You know...it's odd...

Whenever I have written stories that involved Werwolves, or werewolf-like creatures, I have never had them be contagious either.

In two short stories I wrote, ( or "began" to write...as I never finished any of them), the "condition" was induced by magic as a Curse/Punishment that the person had to learn to deal with, another involved a mis-performed ritual, and another was a perk that someone gained as part of reaching a certain stage of enlightenment and strength (martial arts, kung-fu magic).

...but I've never really desired to write about werewolves that "pass-on" their gift by any sort of contagion. From a story/plot point of view, it is too frustrating to have a kick-A** shapeshifter who cant even scratch anyone without making more werewolves.

You are left with three possible scenarios.
1-the Werewolf is a pacifist and won't bite/scratch anyone.
2-the Werewolf is a mass murderer and KILLS anyone it happens to come in conflict with.
3- there will be lot's and lot's of werewolves by the end of the story.
(If everyone is a Werewolf, then being one ceases to be special. Image)

...it really is a troublesome scenario to work with...
Could always have the disease not be all too effective at Infecting. Like, it takes a goodly amount of saliva or blood to infect one.

Hell, perhaps it might be cureable before the first shift. ;)
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Didn't they cure it in the Van Helsing movie? Even though that was after the shift.
mielikkishunt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by mielikkishunt »

or, like some of the Vamp writers do. .only a small percentage of the population has the genetics in which to successfully become were. .they either go nuts, or don't catch it at all, or die. Maybe some people are more apt to beat it, while others can just get sneezed on and catch it :)
Lt Com Kyr

Could someone explain why my Russian Wolfhound only eats my WereWolf Books?
JonathanBaine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JonathanBaine »

What happens when you.....
:sickpup:
:(
Opps. Oh well, welcome to the pack, Steve.

(thats the way to join) :lol:
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stupid Girl

Post by Raina The Werewolf Queen »

I think it started in Europe. France or England
SEDUCTIVE AND DESTRUCTIVE

I WANT MY ANTHONY BROWNRIGG PLUSHIE RIGHT NOW !!!!!!
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

It most lkley started i nfronce or engaland, because of the sheer number of superstitions.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Raina The Werewolf Queen wrote:I think it started in Europe. France or England
Then, how come there are stories of people turning into wolves among the North American Indians?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

there are... oh, ait, you're right. the legend probably spread all over eurasia and possihbly africa with the advent of trade, as there are ledgents everywhere... if the american indians had the legends too it was probably the eguavalent of 'parrallel evoltion." i don't eblieve humans had developed enough brains when they crossed the bering strait for them to have carried legends.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Shadowblaze wrote:there are... oh, ait, you're right. the legend probably spread all over eurasia and possihbly africa with the advent of trade, as there are ledgents everywhere... if the american indians had the legends too it was probably the eguavalent of 'parallel evolution." i don't believe humans had developed enough brains when they crossed the bering strait for them to have carried legends.
Actually, no, humans were plenty developed when they crossed the Bering Strait. It's just that they've forgotten what legends they had when they first came over. Plus, I don't think that they would be underdeveloped if, the Indians of the North American Northwest could remember back to the days when killer whales lived in the Columbia river.
And although there are wolves in Africa, they're extremely rare (being only found in the Nile river valley, and the highlands of Ethopia, and are now extinct in the Nile river valley), and tales of people turning into leopards and or hyenas replace tales of werewolves. In fact, last week, a recently killed (rabid) hyena was rumored to have been a witch of some malevolence.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon